ASUS Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

since I updated to 10.12.4 I'm struggling with the black screen issue.
Starting with nv_disable=1 allows me to boot. Clover is on the latest version.

I have read through what I believe is all threads around this topic but all I could find that causes this issue was the outdated clover version.

I saw others having the same issue but not much response to it.
So trying with this new thread to get some attention to the issue.
Maybe the ones who managed to overcome the issue could post their solutions here.

Hi there :)

First up, check your system definition. Avoid 17,1 and go for 14,2 if you can.
Yes, you need a Clover version v2.4 r4xxx to boot 10.12.4 - latest available is r4049 from Clover direct.
Check which Clover you have. If it's 3766 (used in UniBeast 7.0) the only easy way to install is to go back to 10.12.3. To do this just re-install it. It shouldn't delete any data and because it is within Sierra releases lets you go back to an earlier dot-point (I didn't expect it would but I've done it a few times recently and it works).
Once back at 10.12.3 install latest Clover. Check it's booting, then upgrade again.
(NOTE: 10.12.4 updates your Apple Mail (if you use it) making it unreadable back in 10.12.3)

:)

Hi
thanks I managed to fix it now.
After further research I found this thread:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-imac-15-or-imac-17-system-definition.183113/

Inserting the two kexts did the magic!
Next thing was: Audio not working anymore. Actually all looked good but still no Audio!

I ended up booting with no DP cable connected and re-connected once the system was up and running and voila! Audio is back.

Strange thing that!

this update was a real nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back