GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,

I have a freshly installed Yosemite running on an MSI P67a-GD80 motherboard and a 2600k i7 with a GTX 570 graphics card.

I have seemingly tried every boot flag that i think would help; -x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0/1 and none have got me past the apple logo then my screen goes black and turns off. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Black screen following apple logo after 10.10.5 update

Hello guys,

I have a freshly installed Yosemite running on an MSI P67a-GD80 motherboard and a 2600k i7 with a GTX 570 graphics card.

I have seemingly tried every boot flag that i think would help; -x -f -v GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=0/1 and none have got me past the apple logo then my screen goes black and turns off. Any advice on what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Please read the Rules :
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Thanks in anticipation

When an upgrade changes the OS X build number the Nvidia web drivers stop working.
Boot with -v -x -f nv_disable=1

Install the web drivers appropriate to your build number.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/showthread.php?t=161256

Black screen following apple logo after 10.10.5 update

Hello,

I have updated my profile hopefully within the rules :)

You are a life saver. Those boot flags helped me grately and i'm now up and running again. I had to change the model from MacPro6,1 to MacPro3,1 but everything works as intended and i now even have access to the second screen which i didn't before. I can't thank you enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back