Contribute
Register

[Solved] Black Screen after Clover boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got sierra installed and running. Messed around and was able to get ethernet and sound to work. Only thing is the load screen where you type in your password on the OS was flashing and blinking. This as well as the top of the windows were blinkng a little. Graphics looked correct although when I went to "about this MAC" or whatever its called the graphics card was not listed. I beleive it said 7mb graphics or somthing along those lines. So I downloaded the Nvidia web driver and went into Clover to disable "inject Nvidia and changed something to nvda_dvr=1 and thats when I restarted it and got to the clover screen where it loads sierra and after that I get a black screen.

Im lost please help! Ive searched and searched and could not find my exact problem. Seems like most people were having full black screens, mine works it just turns black after the clover boot screen.

Im lost please help! Ive searched and searched and could not find my exact problem. Seems like most people were having full black screens, mine works it just turns black after the clover boot screen.
See this.

its not working unless i did somthing wrong. I see the clover boot screen input the fake id then still a black screen. Can I just uninstall osx and reinstall? How can I do that?

First, what system definition do you use ?

FYI, you can probably still have access to sierra by booting with your unibeast USB drive and fix the problem.

You can reinstall like you did the first Time.

First, what system definition do you use ?

FYI, you can probably still have access to sierra by booting with your unibeast USB drive and fix the problem.

You can reinstall like you did the first Time.
What do you mean system definition? Im a super newb to all this but I have a decent amount of knowledge on computers. I tried booting from the usb and im still getting a black screen. I think after I opened clover while the os was running I changed some settings and screwed it all up. Im currently downloading linux to wipe the harddrive and start new. I inda jumped the gun nd went to quickly.

You do not need any other OS to reinstall Sierra (except you have not a valid unibeast USB). Boot your USB and then restart from the beginning.

System definition = Imac 14.2, Imac 17.1, Macpro 6.1... ?

It is running as a macpro 6.1 when i changed this it still worked. It was when i went into clover on the desktop is when i changed some things around and downloaded nvidia driver is when it went to black screen. I tried booting with the usb and it still goes black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back