1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I was following this instructions here
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/
Trying to upgrade to High Sierra
But after step 3 copy the .efi to EFI folder, I rebooted my system and now it won’t boot up, I get a black screen after apple logo.
All I did was:
1. I copied the fakeSMC kext to EFI partition.
2. I copied the apfs.efi to the 64UEFI folder.
3. I also changed my pc profile. Like it was iMac whatever 2008 and now its iMac15 something 2018 and the S/N etc...

And now it won’t boot up.
I also added NVIDIA web boot flag right before that. And it was working.

And my pc build :
I5 -4690k @ 3.5Ghz.
GTX 950
Motherboard z97 PC mate (MS - 7850)

The monitor is connected to the NVIDIA graphic card.

Please help me. I don’t wanna reinstall the system cuz if I do, all my files will be gone.
I did back up but I am not sure if it will work cuz its hackintosh.
I am thinking that if there’s a way to undo what I just did, like accessing the EFI and delete those files I just copied over and configure the Mac profile again...
And I also tried adding boot argument to clover boot options .. like graphicsenabler = yes ... it didn’t work.
Please help!
Thank you.

@Daysond, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

So I have fixed this . It was the smbios that went wrong ... i fixed it in options - SMBIOS thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back