Contribute
Register

[Solved] Black screen after 10.12.6 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I missed one step: installed Lilu.kext into the clover kext folder (in addition to the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext) and then it started working properly :)

Thanks again!

Graphics card installation procedure :

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

You saved my weekend. Thanks. Had the same problem and now ok.
For those it can help. I did not need to install Lilu and NvidiaGraphicsFixup. Just did everything else.
Thanks a lot again.

Hi

I hope im now posting in the right thread I do apologies if im not.

I have been having the same issue of black screens after updating a working Sierra install to 10.12.6.

Lucky I had a carbon copy of an El Capitan install that im able to boot into. I have been told that the GTX 780 has native support so im unsure what is going on here. My clover is not injecting any graphics at all. And my monitors are connected via DVI. After the apple logo loading screen all I get is two black screens with a mouse pointer that im able to move fine but do nothing else.

Here is my specs

Overview

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac14,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i7 4770k
Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 32 GB
Bus Speed: 400 MHz
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B00
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7

Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 3072 MB x 2 SLi

Network
Qualcomm Atheros Killer E2200 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet:
Kext name: AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
Location: /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext

Audio
Intel High Definition Audio:
Audio ID: 1

Motherboard
MSI Z97-GAMING 9 AC

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:
Hi there,

You could perhaps try to refer to this guide on your motherboard and do a rebuild of the EFI folder. >

You can try to use Unibeast (for Sierra) to create the USB installer, then Multibeast (Sierra version) to install the selections and then use Clover Configurator to make adjustments to your EFI/Clover/config.plist.

The issue its not booting is likely there are kernel or patches that need to be made for Sierra 10.12.6. and/or the kexts or Clover version is too old to handle. One big change with 10.12.4 onwards was the inclusion of APFS file format before it was fully available in High Sierra 10.13. You may need a APFS.efi driver installed in your EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder.

One thing to note, you should reuse your Mac model ID ie. iMac14,2, board serial, UUIDs and ROM values found under the SMBIOS from your Catalina EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back