CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm seeing the same problem after upgrading to 10.12.6 and 378.05.05.25, after following the guides linked below.

The only thing that works is setting nv_disable=1 (make sure you have that correct, you mention you're using nv_disableD). It allows me to boot but have terrible graphics (even though it says that it's using the nvidia driver in the nvidia preference panel)

config.plist attached

---

Have tried the following with no luck:

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 329
Have tried the following with no luck
It's not about luck, you just have to do it correctly.
If you are using Nvidia graphics why are you injecting Intel ?

Wrong.png

It's all black magic to me, luck is all I know.

Good question. Just disabled that, same result.
Then you possibly also have integrated graphics enabled in your BIOS settings too.

Then you possibly also have integrated graphics enabled in your BIOS settings too.

Hmm.. the only relevant setting I could find regarding this in the bios is "Advanced/System agent configuration/Graphics Configuration/Primary Display" = Auto/IGFX/PEG. Was previously on Auto but I flipped it to PEG and get the same result. Could there be another non-obvious setting that I need to be flipping in the bios?

Is there a good way to get logs of the system once it's up and running in this black screen state? Would that tell me anything? I have verbose boot on, nothing interesting there. system.log doesn't seem to show anything useful in the case of previous boots

I'm seeing the same problem after upgrading to 10.12.6
I just noticed that you hijacked another user's thread - Your posts are moved to this new thread.

Graphics card installation procedure :

BIOS - Disable Integrated graphics - Set PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection - DVI or HDMI - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
May need to update Clover
Install web drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Config.plist - Disable SIP fully - CsrActiveConfig 0x67
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
May need to install Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to /Library/Extensions

I just noticed that you hijacked another user's thread - Your posts are moved to this new thread.

I figured they were related issues thats why I put it there. Thanks for creating a new one.

Tried a few more things.. added NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to clover kext folder. Via clover installer, installed the rc scripts and the EmuVariableUefi driver.

Everything else from that last post seems to be correct. Still no dice.

Any thoughts on the logging question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back