Contribute
Register

[solved] Black Screen after 10.12 -> 10.12.4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about black screen after update 10.12.4..)

I thought you found an ig-platform-id that was working?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

I thought you found an ig-platform-id that was working?
No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
I have found, but I am still want to know, why previous don't work in 10.12.4..
So, I found hdmi cable and will be able to try with 16260006 and external monitor, what should I test? And as I understand, if I will be able to boot, I should make a typical files for you to research?)

I have found, but I am still want to know, why previous don't work in 10.12.4..
So, I found hdmi cable and will be able to try with 16260006 and external monitor, what should I test? And as I understand, if I will be able to boot, I should make a typical files for you to research?)

That would be a start ("problem reporting" files with HDMI), but for now, plan on using a different ig-platform-id.

That would be a start ("problem reporting" files with HDMI), but for now, plan on using a different ig-platform-id.
Hey, Rehab. Here is my typical files with 16260004 (I've thought, that it is much closer to 06, so I picked this), could you please help me with the patch? Also, if it possible, I need patch to 16260006, maybe this will work with the patch..
2) I've tested some blackscreens ig platforms with external, and none of them shows anything, only NO SIGNAL in same situations, where 16260004 for example shows me the images from my hack.
3) Behavior of the external monitor differs in 10.11.6 and 10.12.4, I say, in El Capitan on external I see COPY of what I am doing on my laptop, while on the Sierra external connects like SECOND monitor, so it leaves it own life. Maybe this is why 16260006 and same doesn't work..

UPD. Here is what am I about, 1 - El Capitan, 2,3,4 - Sierra.
2017-05-11 06.55.55.jpg2017-05-11 06.56.00.jpg2017-05-11 06.56.08.jpg2017-05-11 06.56.14.jpg

Attachments

• Typical_HDMI_04.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
Hey, Rehab. Here is my typical files with 16260004 (I've thought, that it is much closer to 06, so I picked this), could you please help me with the patch?

What problem are you currently trying to solve?

What problem are you currently trying to solve?
This problem is called Mac OS Seirra 4th update (Ha-ha).
As i understand from your previous message, now i need a patch for my unused video ports (i havent even used HDMI before this test in fact)) to win the freezes after boot/sleep. And as i understand from you, the reason why 1626006 is not working may be the same, as frezees with another ig-platforms that works.

This problem is called Mac OS Seirra 4th update (Ha-ha).
As i understand from your previous message, now i need a patch for my unused video ports (i havent even used HDMI before this test in fact)) to win the freezes after boot/sleep. And as i understand from you, the reason why 1626006 is not working may be the same, as frezees with another ig-platforms that works.

The only reason to eliminate unused ports is if you have the momentary lags after boot/login.
If that is not the case, no need.
You didn't mention any lag...

And to eliminate unused ports, you will need to test with an HDMI device to determine which ports are necessary...

Your ioreg shows LVDS and the 0105 port being used. 0204 not being used.

Should be simple matter of modifying the port/pipe count:

Find: <00 03 03 03 00 00 20 02>
Replace: <00 03 02 02 00 00 20 02>

The only reason to eliminate unused ports is if you have the momentary lags after boot/login.
If that is not the case, no need.
And to eliminate unused ports, you will need to test with an HDMI device to determine which ports are necessary...
Yeah, a have this frezees(
And tested with HDMI, so my ioreg have this monitor several times connected and disconnected.

Yeah, a have this frezees(
And tested with HDMI, so my ioreg have this monitor several times connected and disconnected.

Read edit post #108.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back