Contribute
Register

[solved] Black Screen after 10.12 -> 10.12.4 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one, except Rahabman and all developers, who made them))
I have a question, and I don`t know whether you have any idea. Rahabman said they are mutually exclusive, but I boots normally with both. If so, clover loads one randomly, or loads both(OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 & OsxAptioFixDrv-64)? How to verify which to be loaded?
@RehabMan

Thanks, I'll give it a try! And in fact I want to know more knowledge that why are there two OsxAptioFixDrv-64?

The source code is available if you wish to study it.

I have a question, and I don`t know whether you have any idea. Rahabman said they are mutually exclusive, but I boots normally with both. If so, clover loads one randomly, or loads both(OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 & OsxAptioFixDrv-64)? How to verify which to be loaded?
@RehabMan

You should not have both. Pick only one...

The source code is available if you wish to study it.

You should not have both. Pick only one...

Thanks, I understand. Attach my drivers64UEFI, is something wrong? I should pick only one(OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv-64), and remove OsxLowMemFixDrv-64. Anything else mutually exclusive drivers?
screenshot_16.png

Thanks, I understand. Attach my drivers64UEFI, is something wrong? I should pick only one(OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 or OsxAptioFixDrv-64), and remove OsxLowMemFixDrv-64. Anything else mutually exclusive drivers?
View attachment 254180

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi, OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, and OsxLowMemFixDrv-64.efi are mutually exclusive.
Pick only one (that works). Remove others.

Note: CsmVideoDxe tends to cause issues...

By the way, what is the kind of issue? Is there the post to explain it? Because I don't know how to make a choice(CsmVideoDxe).

If you have no problem, then continue to use it (provided it does something useful for you).
Easy to test without it... just delete it.

The only reason to eliminate unused ports is if you have the momentary lags after boot/login.
If that is not the case, no need.
You didn't mention any lag...

And to eliminate unused ports, you will need to test with an HDMI device to determine which ports are necessary...

Your ioreg shows LVDS and the 0105 port being used. 0204 not being used.

Should be simple matter of modifying the port/pipe count:

Find: <00 03 03 03 00 00 20 02>
Replace: <00 03 02 02 00 00 20 02>
I have lags too. How can I check my IOReg to see what port is not being used?

Thanks

I have lags too. How can I check my IOReg to see what port is not being used?

Thanks

Plug external monitor into your HDMI/DP port.
Observe changes in ioreg.
The framebuffer@x nodes not used should be eliminated by patching.

Plug external monitor into your HDMI/DP port.
Observe changes in ioreg.
The framebuffer@x nodes not used should be eliminated by patching.
I don't have external monitor right now. But can you tell me where to look at in IOReg when I have a monitor to test. For instance what should I search to see the differences?

Thanks

I don't have external monitor right now. But can you tell me where to look at in IOReg when I have a monitor to test. For instance what should I search to see the differences?

Thanks

The changes under IGPU will be obvious.
Learn by doing and don't get ahead of yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back