MSI GTX 970
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
A little backstory. Plugged my friend's presumably dead SSD in my desktop to see if there was anything I could do, while my other drives were plugged in—two SSDs, one with High Sierra and the other with Windows, and an HDD for my data.

Since I plugged it in, the bootloader in neither of my SSDs are showing up in the BIOS or the boot manager. The only two options in my boot manager are 1. Windows Boot Manager (<Crucial SSD name>), 2. Windows Boot Manager (<Seagate HDD name>). Before this evening, it used to show something along the lines of "UEFI boot (<Crucial SSD name)>".

So far, I have created another High Sierra USB installer from my MBP and reinstalled High Sierra on the desktop, but it's still the same. Can't boot into the clover UEFI partition. I can boot into my fresh HS installation on the Crucial SSD using the USB installer's UEFI partition, but there is no option in the BIOS that let's me boot with the SSD's UEFI partition.

For reference, specs are i5 6600k, GTX 970, Asus Maximus VIII Ranger. Everything worked fine before this evening.

Kind of lost here as to what I should do next, so any help would be really appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back