SOLVED - BigSur on GA-EX58-UD3R Opencore

Motherboard
GA-Ex58-UD5
CPU
Graphics
9800 gt 512
Hi Iceage,

thanks for your kind replay.
I'm not on Big Sur, I'm basically trying to make an OpenCore EFI that could work for my EX58-UD5.I did a copy of the disk ithat was working fine with CLOVER 5070 (with Dosdude patch on it) and trying to boot with OpenCore (instead of Clover).
I followed the Dortania guide to create my EFI and I can see the progress bar almost at the end, then it reboots... So I'm wondering if is the problem could be the non-metal card and I thought that if the problem was that maybe is impossibile to make it work on OpenCore... My other thought was about DSDT. On Clover I used my DSDT but I changed that ACPI files in OpenCore following the Dortania guide, so I'm asking you what kind of files are you using on ACPI, just to learn something from you and maybe do some progress on my build....

Thanks a lot

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Iceage,

thanks for your kind replay.
I'm not on Big Sur, I'm basically trying to make an OpenCore EFI that could work for my EX58-UD5.I did a copy of the disk ithat was working fine with CLOVER 5070 (with Dosdude patch on it) and trying to boot with OpenCore (instead of Clover).
I followed the Dortania guide to create my EFI and I can see the progress bar almost at the end, then it reboots... So I'm wondering if is the problem could be the non-metal card and I thought that if the problem was that maybe is impossibile to make it work on OpenCore... My other thought was about DSDT. On Clover I used my DSDT but I changed that ACPI files in OpenCore following the Dortania guide, so I'm asking you what kind of files are you using on ACPI, just to learn something from you and maybe do some progress on my build....

Thanks a lot
I see,there is my whole EFI folder 2-3 posts below at the begging of the thread ,feel free to download it and have a look in my ACPI folder. Here

As i read Dosdude patch doesn’t work for big sur , i don’t know if micro-patcher or any of these will do but without Metal card is more difficult. I am using Hackintosh since Leopard 10.5.8 with the same Pc and the only thing i finally had to change was my GTX 285 Gainward card because i was tired of patching,or injecting or downloading web drivers etc since High Sierra. So i got a native Metal supported Card.
Anyway one more thing, a guy from another site who helped me with a restore installation advice has the exact same motherboard with yours (mine is Ex58-ud3R) GA-EX58-UD5 F13 BIOS but same Metal GPU as mine . If you thing his EFI will help there you go,it belongs to lukakeiton UD5 EFI

Motherboard
GA-Ex58-UD5
CPU
Graphics
9800 gt 512
That's great! Thanks a lot! I'll have a look at both of them and I'll see if I could manage something better of what I did myself till know.

Thanks again!