CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there, I am on Catalina with my Hackintosh, with the specs you can see on my Signature.So I thought to give BigSur a try.

I used gibMACos tutorial to download and create-store BigSur 11.1 installer in my applications, and then with create-install command I have created a bootable USB stick with opencore 0.6.5 and SMBIOS MacPro6,1-patched DSDT.aml and SSDT-EC.aml
The USB boots just fine and after partitioning my HDD disk to APFS I started the installation.

Every single time 12 minutes before the end the system reboots, I don't know if that's a crash or it's part of the procedure like we did on Catalina were the system reboot 2-3 times till the end.So when the system restarts I can see EFI partition -the usb and a third option (my HDD) under the name MacOS Installer and a BigSur icon.

Proceeding with this choice the system seems to load but when I am getting to Apple Logo it restarts with this message, it's very quick so I tried to take a snapshot. IMG_6360.PNGIMG_6361.PNG
Any clue what's the problem or why I am getting a kernel panic?

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We need to see your config.plist and the structure of your EFI folder.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
We need to see your config.plist and the structure of your EFI folder.
Yes you are right, I have uploaded my whole EFI folder. Thanks.It's strange that with this EFI the USBboots just fine, the installation begins but as I said after 12 minutes and the first reboot I can't go on. The only thing I did't check yet is to try with another HDD disk, this external is a bit old but for Catalina worked.

Attachments

• MyEFI.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 25
Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
You need to remove DSDT.aml from both of the ACPI folder and config.plist.

Motherboard
Z370 AORUS Gaming 3
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What you posted should be the normal progression of rebooting. You should try to use the debug package of OpenCore and enable quirks for debugging to prevent automatic reboots.

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What you posted should be the normal progression of rebooting. You should try to use the debug package of OpenCore and enable quirks for debugging to prevent automatic reboots.
With the common installation process with Clover or Opencore I couldn't bypass the 12 minute error and then the reboot loop. Problem solved using restore method to install BigSur.
Unfortunately I can't use MacPro5,1 with Opencore so for now I am using MacPro6,1. Wifi/BT/Ethernet/Audio/Graphics seem to work. This old guard will see another OsX :)
Thanks for your time.
DA8A7C13-553E-40A1-9E37-39BF0D541BF0.jpeg

Motherboard
GA-Ex58-UD5
CPU
Graphics
9800 gt 512
Hi Iceage,

I was not able to boot on my Ex58-UD5 because when I'm close the computer restart.
Since I'm trying to boot Mojave but I have an old NVDIA GT 9800 (that boot fine on Mojave using DosDude1 patch) I wonder if this could be the cause. Do you know if is it possible to boot with opencore with a non metal GPU using Dosdude1 method?
Please, ould you tell me what files do you use on ACPI? Thanks a lot for your attention and congrats for your success!

Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
CPU
i7-920
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Iceage,

I was not able to boot on my Ex58-UD5 because when I'm close the computer restart.
Since I'm trying to boot Mojave but I have an old NVDIA GT 9800 (that boot fine on Mojave using DosDude1 patch) I wonder if this could be the cause. Do you know if is it possible to boot with opencore with a non metal GPU using Dosdude1 method?
Please, ould you tell me what files do you use on ACPI? Thanks a lot for your attention and congrats for your success!
You are on Mojave using DosDude patch and you try to fresh install to BigSur or update to Big Sur ? Am I right ?
Do you have a Big Sur bootable USB stick with Opencore and restarts during boot or you can boot into the installer and restarts during the Big Sur installation to disk ?