Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
i5 6600
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
I am trying to install Big Sur on my Hackintosh which was running on Catalina.

GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming | i5 6600 | HD 530

I have already tried with Clover as well as OpenCore but I am failing on both cases.

Clover​

I found a config.plist that closely matched my configuration and although it launches OK and installs Big Sur just fine, post-install I am getting very laggish performance. Jumpy cursor, artifacts. Not to mention a message from the online game I am playing that the graphic card drivers are not updated :lol:

OpenCore​

I have set up a config.plist and an EFI folder according to the instructions from dortania. I am accessing the boot selector of OC, and the verbose seems to complete OK. However, right before the Mac OS install screen the screen goes black and loses signal. I can see that the disk is still working. I had this issue before on this hackintosh when usind the DVI port. It was working OK with HDMI. Now it fails on both. I ran the online sanity checker and it shows OK.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching both config.plist files as well as the log from OpenCore EFI volume.

For the sake of my sanity any help will be greatly appreciated. Hey, it's Christmas after all, right?

Attachments

• Clover config.plist.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Opencore config.plist.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 107
  • opencore-2020-12-27-151745.txt.zip
    20 KB · Views: 125

OpenCore​

However, right before the Mac OS install screen the screen goes black and loses signal. I can see that the disk is still working. I had this issue before on this hackintosh when usind the DVI port. It was working OK with HDMI. Now it fails on both. I ran the online sanity checker and it shows OK.

It sounds like you might need to patch your video connectors (ports) so that macOS is sending the correct signal to the correct ports - HDMI signal to HDMI port etc.

If you remove the GPU platform ID the chances are it will boot with the default video driver (but you will have no GPU acceleration) you can then read up on patching the connectors with whatevergreen or Hackintool

If you remove the GPU platform ID the chances are it will boot with the default video driver (but you will have no GPU acceleration) you can then read up on patching the connectors with whatevergreen or Hackintool

Thanks for the tip. I removed the GPU platform ID but nothing changed.

Can you attach the latest config with that removed

It's still showing for me

Screen Shot 2020-12-27 at 18.54.33.png

its a bit of a stab in the dark, I've edited your config see if it helps, needs to be monitor connected on HDMI

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5 KB · Views: 190
Upgrading to Big Sur was on my to-do list for this week and I've just run into the same issues you are on my Gigabyte ZA-Z710X-UD3 motherboard so I'll be following along .... :)

Upgrading to Big Sur was on my to-do list for this week and I've just run into the same issues you are on my Gigabyte ZA-Z710X-UD3 motherboard so I'll be following along .... :)
The issue I think scud may have (and the possible solutions) are based on using IGPU only, not Sure how this changes if you are using DGPU also

its a bit of a stab in the dark, I've edited your config see if it helps, needs to be monitor connected on HDMI
Thanks for all the effort. However, I am getting this.
IMG_20201228_003134.jpg

On top of this I am getting the same screen when trying to boot from another startup volume with the original config.plist
Also, trying to select the USB thumb stick in BIOS (tested and bootable) it denies to select and refreshes the selection screen.

I am worried that my hack is turning into a brick. I should have stuck with Catalina.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back