Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Big Sur on GA-Z170X w/ HD530 - Neither Clover nor OpenCore works

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am getting this
Mac-F42C88C8 is a MacPro3,1.
If you want to install Big Sur you must use the SMBIOS of a Mac that is supported in Big Sur.

Mac-F42C88C8 is a MacPro3,1.
If you want to install Big Sur you must use the SMBIOS of a Mac that is supported in Big Sur.
Yes, I used the config.plist suggested without checking first.
I suppose I can enter the correct values when in clover boot screen with options.
Problem is that I can't generate serial number etc from my mobile phone. Is there an online tool that could?

I suppose I can enter the correct values when in clover boot screen with options.
Problem is that I can't generate serial number etc from my mobile phone. Is there an online tool that could?
No need, enter a useable Model Identifier and just leave the rest blank.

the config you posted, that I modified and sent back is with iMac 17,1?

That's correct

Hi there.

Getting confused here ...

You are still getting the error you posted in the screengrab in post #10 ?

That's not an iMac17,1.

Perhaps repost your current config.plist or complete EFI folder as a zip file etc. (Serial numbers blanked).

:)

The original config.plist files I posted were for iMac17,1

The config.plist that @molko1234 sent back was not. It was for MacPro3,1. I never checked :banghead:
That locked me out of my system.

Good thing that I have the habbit to keep a backup of all variations. I have managed to install Big Sur again with a clover EFI that I downloaded from another thread that was close to my configuration. I have three issues:
  1. No sound output
  2. Jumpy cursor and artifacts in most cases.
  3. System only boots from the Preboot volume, not from the main volume. Trying to boot from main volume causes a system error and machine reboots.
I am attaching the config.plist (Clover) if someone could go through this and figure out what is the problem.

I thank you for your patience and assistance. I am an old Mac user (since 1987) but although I am quite good with software, hardware gives me headaches.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.5 KB · Views: 90
The original config.plist files I posted were for iMac17,1

The config.plist that @molko1234 sent back was not. It was for MacPro3,1. I never checked :banghead:
That locked me out of my system.

The config that I sent back was also iMac17,1 - The only thing I altered was some patching for the video ports.

Screen Shot 2020-12-28 at 18.15.27.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back