Contribute
Register

(SOLVED) Big Sur - No video output during installation - GA Z490 UD AC - i7-10700

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS sabertooth z97 mark 2
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys again. I've been in the hackintosh community for a while. Got a new rig so I can have a taste of our last years hackintoshing.
Hardware:
MB> GA Z490 UC AC
Processor> Intel 10th gen i7-10700
Video> Motherboard Intel UHD 630
Memory> 32GB Ballistix Crucial DDR4-3200 (4x8GB)
HDD> WD Blue SN550 NVMe SSD

So, I got familiar with opencore, followed the opencore guide several times already with other machines and success. Gathered all the files and ACPI files, configure my config.plist with Commet Lake instructions. Made USB installer following that guide:
Desktop Comet Lake | OpenCore Install Guide (dortania.github.io)
I also made bios modifications.
I've been able to boot from usb and all verbose seems normal, after a while I just get a black screen and my HP Z-Display just goes to sleep; instead of showing me the initial part of the installation (where language or country is selected). It seems that the OS doesn't now how to send video signal through HDMI port on MB. I have tried with different AAPL,ig-platform-id and framebuffer settings but no success yet (including the ones suggested in opencore guide and some of the ones in whatevergreen (FAQ).
Any help on this matter is very well appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5 MB · Views: 525
I had similar problem and manage to boot and install Big Sur on my Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X using EFI from this link:

Also you might check this one:

THANKS!!!!!!!
I've been struggling with this for 5 days. Couldn't find the solution. Should have asked you guys before.
For anyone with GA-Z490 UD AC, using intel UHD 630 hdmi output, this settings should work:
AAPL,ig-platform-id 70A10000
layout-id 01000000

I had similar problem and manage to boot and install Big Sur on my Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X using EFI from this link:

Really good stuff for GA Z490, THANKS AGAIN!!!

Where you able to get graphics acceleration working?
I am using Opencore 0.6.3, but I am no able to get graphics acceleration yet.
Captura de Pantalla 2020-11-25 a la(s) 21.55.05.png

The chess app works well, YouTube 4K in Safari works well.

I have some issues:
  • at startup it takes 30 seconds until I get the login screen after seeing the Apple logo, it looks like my Hackintosh is looking for a suitable output port
  • no HDMI sound
  • I did a test in Adobe Premiere and tried to export a video, but it takes much longer time than on Windows, installed on the same system

I wanted to update a little on my iGPU issues. Turns out that AAPL,ig-platform-id 70A10000 is some kind of generic id that does not enable graphics acceleration. So I went back to OpenCore guide and troubleshooting, and turns out that my black screen and monitor going to sleep was caused by discrepancies in bus id and connector type. This MB: GA Z490 UC AC just has one HDMI port, no display port. So I went through all the steps of GPU Patching in OpenCore Post-install guide:
I though I would fix it following Patching Connector Types section, but that didn't help, so I continued, and Patching Bus IDs did the trick. I just have to figure out how to fit everything on my display, all corners are left out of the display:
1606627068420.png

See how bottom third of dock is not shown. Well, if anybody has any ideas on that, I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, back to Bus IDs patching; here are my edits on config.plist:
1606627245966.png

I wanted to update a little on my iGPU issues. Turns out that AAPL,ig-platform-id 70A10000 is some kind of generic id that does not enable graphics acceleration. So I went back to OpenCore guide and troubleshooting, and turns out that my black screen and monitor going to sleep was caused by discrepancies in bus id and connector type. This MB: GA Z490 UC AC just has one HDMI port, no display port. So I went through all the steps of GPU Patching in OpenCore Post-install guide:
I though I would fix it following Patching Connector Types section, but that didn't help, so I continued, and Patching Bus IDs did the trick. I just have to figure out how to fit everything on my display, all corners are left out of the display:
View attachment 498935
See how bottom third of dock is not shown. Well, if anybody has any ideas on that, I would really appreciate it.

Anyway, back to Bus IDs patching; here are my edits on config.plist:
View attachment 498936
SUCCESS!!!! So overscan/underscan issue was easy, just made adjustments on my HP Z Display, and now I have perfect video output with this PciRoot configuration.

I am in the same situation, no video output during installation, but a I am using Nvidia GTX770 vga card not the built in.
Can anyone advice how to fix that

Attachments

• EFI_Z390_Gigabyte_UD.zip
    57.5 MB · Views: 90
SUCCESS!!!! So overscan/underscan issue was easy, just made adjustments on my HP Z Display, and now I have perfect video output with this PciRoot configuration.
Hi there,
Can you please give me your EFI Folder my Specs are exactly same as yours even the SSD is exactly same so it will help me lot
Thanks & Best Regards
Cord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back