Contribute
Register

[solved] BCM94352Z - UX430UA Sierra 10.12.6 wifi not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
No bug in Clover. Change in Clover is intentional.
Name=AirPortBrcm4360 will not work, must be com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360
Thanks RehabMan about the education, good info .... i presumed it's bug, but seems it's changed intentionally.
I will try again latest Clover version.
Obviously it's common new properties now, means that all new patches should
be by form com.apple.driver."kextname" ?
Now it's time checkout also rest of the paches in config list, to be sure that everything works correct...

Thanks RehabMan about the education, good info .... i presumed it's bug, but seems it's changed intentionally.
I will try again latest Clover version.
Obviously it's common new properties now, means that all new patches should
be by form com.apple.driver."kextname" ?
Now it's time checkout also rest of the paches in config list, to be sure that everything works correct...

Name in KextsToPatch refers to the bundle identifier if it has any '.' characters in it.
Otherwise (no '.' characters), it refers to a substring in the bundle identifier.
Refer to the target kext Info.plist.

So I also have an Acer Aspire 7 like maclover95 and recently replaced the wifi card with a BCM94352Z. I installed all the required kexts to S/L/E and modified the config.plist of my clover but the wifi did not work. The reason why it wasn't working was simply because with the new clover versions, the plist has to be a little bit different like RehabMan mentioned:

No bug in Clover. Change in Clover is intentional.
Name=AirPortBrcm4360 will not work, must be com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360

So changing the name to com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 solved the issue for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back