Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170N-Wifi
CPU
Intel I7-6700
Graphics
Nvidia GTX980
Hi there

I also have a problem with my wifi card. On my second computer with the same configuration it works, but on this computer It just doesn't want to work.
My card is installed at the RP06 slot, I checked this on my windows installation.

I installed BRCMFirmwareRepo and the FakePCIID.kext in S/L/E and I also tried in the clover injection.
I installed a SSDT-4 with the RP06 in my clover patched folder.

Darkvoids patch and the 5ghz patch with Germany is in my config.

But still no WLAN!

I think it is something small. I have missed... but I don't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 162
  • Ioreg_list.ioreg
    5.1 MB · Views: 123
Hi there

I also have a problem with my wifi card. On my second computer with the same configuration it works, but on this computer It just doesn't want to work.
My card is installed at the RP06 slot, I checked this on my windows installation.

I installed BRCMFirmwareRepo and the FakePCIID.kext in S/L/E and I also tried in the clover injection.
I installed a SSDT-4 with the RP06 in my clover patched folder.

Darkvoids patch and the 5ghz patch with Germany is in my config.

But still no WLAN!

I think it is something small. I have missed... but I don't figure it out.

Thanks in advance!

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

BCM94352 requirements:
- FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (was FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext): https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E.
- BrcmPatchRAM: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM. Install with Kext Wizard to /S/L/E. Make sure you read the README as the kexts you install depend on OS X version and installation location.
- 5Ghz patch for WiFi documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html (Note: 10.12.x requires the 'fcvo' patch and NOT the 5ghz patch, but the fcvo patch is incorrectly referred to as a 5ghz patch at toleda's guide). The fcvo patch is clearly documented here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/
- handoff patch for bluetooth documented here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

When you are referring on this quote, yeah I have done all these steps.
10.12.3 Sierra with a BCM94352Z card.
Kexts in S/L/E and dark voids patch in my config. I added the SSDT and the additional patches, after I had no success.

When you are referring on this quote, yeah I have done all these steps.
10.12.3 Sierra with a BCM94352Z card.
Kexts in S/L/E and dark voids patch in my config. I added the SSDT and the additional patches, after I had no success.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read post #2. Carefully. Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting". Carefully.

Sorry for that, I didn't get the first hint..

I collected all the files, I hope I got them all.

Attachments

• Problem_reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
Sorry for that, I didn't get the first hint..

I collected all the files, I hope I got them all.

Remove SSDT-4.aml from ACPI/patched.
Remove 5ghz patch from config.plist.
Verify correct fcvo patch in the actual config.plist you're using (see below).
The boot without caches, rebuild cache, then reboot.

Note: You are not booting from the EFI/Clover you attached.
From your bootlog (extracted from ioreg):
Code:
0:136  0:000  KextsToPatch: 8 requested
0:136  0:000   - [00]: AppleHDA (t1-10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC...) :: BinPatch :: data len: 4
0:136  0:000   - [01]: AppleHDA (t1-10.9-10.12-AppleHDA/Realtek ALC1150) :: BinPatch :: data len: 4
0:136  0:000   - [02]: AppleHDA (t1-AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml) :: BinPatch :: data len: 6
0:136  0:000   - [03]: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:136  0:000   - [04]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (Increase 15 port limit to 26 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI) :: BinPatch :: data len: 7
0:136  0:000   - [05]: AirPortBrcm4360 (10.12-BCM94352-fvco-darkvoid) :: MatchOS:  :: MatchBuild:  :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:136  0:000   - [06]: IOblutetoothFamily (10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot) :: MatchOS:  :: MatchBuild:  :: BinPatch :: data len: 8
0:136  0:000   - [07]: BCM94352 5 GHz  (10.12 Country DE 5ghz) :: MatchOS:  :: MatchBuild:  :: BinPatch :: data len: 7

But the config.plist in the EFI/Clover you attached here has 5 KextsToPatch, not 8.

Did that and did a new dump.

Nothing changed so far.

When I rebuild the kextcache, there is an error in the end. Is it normal?

Attachments

• Problem_reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 49
Did that and did a new dump.

Nothing changed so far.

When I rebuild the kextcache, there is an error in the end. Is it normal?

Why do you have HackrNVMeFamily-10_12_3.kext in ACPI/patched?
ACPI/patched is not a dumping ground for random files...

Maybe your copy of IO80211Family.kext is damaged (or you replaced it with an old version).
Run the macOS installer to restore your kexts to vanilla.

I see no error in your kextcache output.
It is still possible you didn't boot without caches...

Mistake... Forgot it to delete it.

I did run the installer and placed the files again inside.

No caches is ticked in in clover.

I don't get it, my second system with the same hardware doesn't have problem with that card.

Attachments

• Problem_reporting.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
Mistake... Forgot it to delete it.

I did run the installer and placed the files again inside.

No caches is ticked in in clover.

I don't get it, my second system with the same hardware doesn't have problem with that card.

You should NOT make "no caches" permanent.
It is to be used only temporarily, then after that you should boot normally (with caches).
Clover kext patching works best when the kexts are in cache.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back