Contribute
Register

[solved] BCM20702A0 USB Bluetooth Adapter not working macOS 10.12.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to add the clover patch for handoff if you need it.

EDIT: I am hoping you only installed either the injector kext; or data + RAM2; or repo + RAM2. If you "installed" everything in that zip file then you need to remove all but one of the combination just mentioned.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Scroll down to the instructions at the bottom and it explains what does what, and includes the information on enabling handoff.

Last edited:
Don't forget to add the clover patch for handoff if you need it.

EDIT: I am hoping you only installed either the injector kext; or data + RAM2; or repo + RAM2. If you "installed" everything in that zip file then you need to remove all but one of the combination just mentioned.

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Scroll down to the instructions at the bottom and it explains what does what, and includes the information on enabling handoff.
i only use the repo+RAM2 and activate continuity & handoff with the Tool you mentioned.

One Last question: is Filevault Possible on Hackintoshes? Because there is no real NVRAM or so from where the decryption can get its hashes i think.

i forget with injector you mean the USBinjector.kext ?

i only use the repo+RAM2 and activate continuity & handoff with the Tool you mentioned.

One Last question: is Filevault Possible on Hackintoshes? Because there is no real NVRAM or so from where the decryption can get its hashes i think.

i forget with injector you mean the USBinjector.kext ?

I do not use Filevault so I cannot answer that question. NVRAM, however, can be emulated via Clover's install options. In fact, if you update Clover, you can choose the option to install the RC scripts that handle NVRAM along with the emulation driver.

As for the injector question, no I was referring to the bluetooth injector kext in that zip file (basically repeated the information from Rehabman's repository for PatchRAM).

the only kexts that are not working are the BRCMxxx.kexts. There is nothing under Bluetooth in Sysinformation. Only the Adapter can found under USB.

Read post #5. There is no direct support for your device in the current BrcmPatchRAM kexts, but it can be added.

Thank you for the information. but as i wrote a few posts before, the answer from rs1n has helped me with my problem. ;)

Marked solved.

Just installing BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext into L/E helped me get an Insignia USB Bluetooth Adapter working. I verified the vendor id and product id were in the plist before using. After reboot, bluetooth was available and could then connect Apple mouse and keyboard.

BTW, this was on latest Beta of Mojave.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back