Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I'm getting an error when I try to load Avid Symphony or Media Composer. After the Avid Media Access Manager loads, I get an audio error each time:
Exception: failed to initialize audio hardware

I was able to run Symphony on previous versions of OSX on my Hack. Wondering if perhaps it's something to do with the latest audio driver updates in Multibeast?

I tried deleting the extra audio plugins from the Digidesign folder and that didn't work. Have repaired permissions, completely uninstalled and re-installed latest patch version of Symphony. All to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Avid Symphony and Media Composer 6.0.3 audio error

Anyone else with this issue? Just me?

Avid Symphony 6.0.3 audio error

Issue is now fixed with the latest Multibeast 5.1.3, if anyone runs into the same issue. Reinstalled the audio drivers.

I can't make it work. By th time i was in lion it worked very well. I don't know if I use with or without dsdt. I'am currently on 10.8.2, running a x58a - ud3r rev2.0, ff bios with appropriate dsdt and multibeast 5.1.3. I will try install audio from a Lion multi beast.

Just updated to the last bios version, reinstalled the audio with multibeast 5.2.1. Everything works fine.

EDIT: Holy mackerel--turns out it was my oldddd logitech USB camera that was causing the problem. MAN that took forever to figure out...

I'm getting this same error and having no success. Was the bios the issue? Does that mean I have to reflash the bios, because that sounds a little risky....

I have the Gigabyte UD3H-B3.
Thanks

I just downloaded the last version from Gigabyte support page, any modification made to bios, or some spcecial flashing.

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

A Thousand Thank You's!!!

I've been struggling to find the cause of this problem for almost two weeks. More seriously over the last two days. AVID couldn't figure it out, their forum community didn't offer any help that worked.

And then tonight, Friday night at 11:30, I stumbled onto this thread and your solution. Right when I read it I brightened because I have the same (not sure if it's the same model) webcam sitting on top of my computer screen! I disconnected the damn thing, rebooted my system, and AVID 5.03 opened up perfectly!

Now, I can upgrade to 6.5, which was what I had been working on when I encountered this problem. AVID suggested I go back to 5.0 and after a complete OS reinstall, I still encountered the error. Needless to say, I was quite disappointed - until NOW!

Thanks again dude/dudette

- Scott

Ha that's AWESOME that I could be of help. We must be the only two people on the internet with this damn problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back