Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370M-DS3H mATX
CPU
I7 8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Hi all,

Great to see such an active and helpful community around the hackintosh project. After finding out it was actually possible to build a supreme mac without the excessive costs I decided it was worth the investment and time to build my very first Hackintosh. I've decided to go for a dual boot Hackintosh in order to use a windows partition for gaming and the mac partition for music production.

I've followed a combination of these two guides:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...supported-intel-based-pc.235474/#post_install
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-8700k-rx-580-2x-dell-p2715q-4k-60hz.252989/

I managed to get High Sierra installed and booted, so far everything works fine (audio too). In Multibeast I selected and installed the following:

Audio: AppleALC, Audio ALC887/888b
Disk: None
Misc: Left the greyed out FakeSMC
Network: IntelMausiEthernet V2.4.0 (using wifi for now, will use ethernet for gaming when everything is configurated and I extended a cable to my room)
USB: 7/8/9 Series USB Support, Remove XHCI USB Port Limit, USBInjectAll

Boot: Clover UEFI Boot Mode
Customize Grafics: Inject ATI

System Definition: iMac 18,3

All good so far, however as soon as I started with clover I messed things up and did a clean install again in order to start from scratch. What I did before I couldnt boot the OS anymore:

Clover:

Skipped the Acpi settings
Boot: kext-dev-mode=1, rootless=0, dart=0, verbose

I saved my config and overwrote the config.plist in EFI/Clover folder. I've set "clover countdown" to 3 and after the countdown it loads gives me a bunch of text and gets stuck. It wouldn't reboot with the -x bootflag. I can get back to my OS via the initial Unibeast USB with additional flags of usb-injection and usb ownership otherwise it gets stuck at roughly 1/10th of the loading bar with the apple logo.

Basically I was able to boot from USB, but not from OS. Copied my EFI folder of USB to OS-drive which completely fixed it.

Last edited:
You should read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back