Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
CPU
Intel Core i5 6600K
Graphics
Geforce GTX 960
I ran the audio_cloverALC-120.command.zip and the audio worked great after that but then i restarted my hackintosh and suddenly the audio stopped working.. visually everthing works.. it changes from internal speakers to headphones when i plug my headphones into the front jack and everything looks good but no sound... I also noticed that youtube vides and spotify music etc.. doesnt want to play for more then a second or so and they just stop. Ive tried rerun the script and restart many times without success

Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU: I5 6600k
GPU: GTX 960

Update, i totally removed all audio drivers and kext i have installed and reinstalled everything and now the issue has changed... instead of NO volume i now have playing music and videos but no sound untill i MAX the sound on everything then there is a cracking disorted ( HORRIBLE) sound coming from the headphones.. so something is happening.. I hope someone can help me thx

Update, shut down computer for the night and now in the morning i started it up and suddenly audio works perfect??!!? I changed nothing besides turning it off.. Im afraid to restart it and touch anything now tho..

Solved the issue.. it had to do with Realtek drivers on my Windows 10 dual boot. I uninstalled Realtek on windows 10 and now everything works flawless :)

Solved the issue.. it had to do with Realtek drivers on my Windows 10 dual boot. I uninstalled Realtek on windows 10 and now everything works flawless :)
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!

OMG this is such an unbelievable solution! I have a dual-boot (Catalina/Win 10) on separate SSD's. Everything working fine until this morning, I shut down Windows, boot Catalina, and no sound. According to the system, everything was working, volume up/down, but no sound. Saw this post, rebooted Widows, uninstalled RealTek drivers, back in Catalina, everything is great again. But how is this even a thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back