Graphics
ATI 5450
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm new this forum, but a keen follower of articles posted on tonymacx86.blogspot.com

Followed the instructions as the link below
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/ ... -x-on.html

But had few issues, not sure what wrong am I doing or may be I have skipped some guide
or a pre discussed point on the same forum.

So this post a help I'm seeking from all the experts on the forum.
Below mentioned is my config & method I'm using, everything worked except Audio.

My Config is Gigabyte H55M-UD2H, Core i5 650, Zotac 9800GT 512MB, WD 500 GB, Corsair 2GB, LG DVD-RW, Cooler Master PSU & Chassis.

Extra Downloads:
iBoot Supported, Multibeast 2.1.4, Retail DVD 10.6, Apple Combo Upgrade pack (10.6.4)

Installation Steps:

1) Booted using iBoot Supported.
2) After succesful booting, ejected CD & Inserted OSX Retail DVD;
pressed F5 & Selected OSX DVD
3) Installed OSX, Succesful Install appears to my delight
4) Rebooted into the system using iBoot Support & completed the login process (I did'nt see any welcome video)
5) Removed the iBoot CD.
6) Launched Multibeast; didn't instal.
7) Launched & Installed OSX combo upgrade & didn't reboot
8) Downloaded the latest DSDT from this tonymacx86.com/dsdt; choose appropriate motherboard(F9) from the menu; downloaded;renamed it to DSDT.aml & pasted on desktop.
9) Click next on Mutibeast, selected Use DSDT & system restor
10) Also in Advanced > kexts clicked on
Audio>LegacyHDA>ALC885>ALC889a
Audio>AppleHDA 10.6.2,
Disk> IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector
Disk>JMicron36x>Jmicron36xATA
Disk>JMicron36x>Jmicron36xeSATA
Disk>JMicron36x>Jmicron36xSATA
Graphics>NVenabler,
Network>Realtek 8169,
Non-DSDT>fakesmc
Miscellaneous>IOUSBFamily 10.6.2
Miscellaneous>Voodoo PS/2 Controller
com.apple.boot.plist>32-bit GraphicEnabler=No
SMBios.plist>iMac>i5.

I used to get the following error, but after using Multibeast 2.3 following error was solved.
-------------------------
The System extension "System/Library/Extension AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the products's vendor for an update.
-------------------------

Re: Audio Problem

Are you sure your MB uses ALC889a as selected, though it might be just ALC889..

I was never sure of the sound my MB uses,
however I just followed on of the earlier posted information by someone using same MB
Please find the link below:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=3907

________

There is an interesting inference however, after successful install, I restart my system & boot using iBoot Supported, this time it detects audio & Graphics. But after using Multibeast & upgrade pack, it stops detecting audio.

I apologize for the fault in the post you linked; your motherboard does indeed use the 889, NOT the 889a codec.

I will fix that post.

Re: Audio Problem: H55M-UD2H

Thanks for the reply,
In fact I have tried both of them Audio>LegacyHDA>ALC889 & Audio>LegacyHDA>ALC889a
In combination with with Audio>AppleHDA 10.6.4

Regards

Re: Audio Problem: H55M-UD2H

Since you have an edited DSDT:
a) Dont think you actually need the USB 10.6.2 thing (not 100% sure, but am sure on the GB board I have, this is not needed for correct USB operation).

b) DSDT enables audio, and the LegacyHDA "configures" it, sort of thing. So IF the DSDT
HDEF audio stuff was somehow wrong (unlikely), then LegacyHDA889 would not be able to do its thing.
- You could try, as a test, to install HDAEnabler, which should not be needed if good DSDT, but..
And/Or....
- Do you see any Audio related stuff in SystemProfiler or IORegistryExplorer (latter requires X-Code tools to be installed from the install DVD)?

Note that latest (and recent) MultiBeasts automatically install the 10.6.2 HDA rollback when you select any LegacyHDA. Not sure that also doing it manually should break it, but might do!! Also must always also select SystemUtilities (repair permissions + rebuild caches) to get everything OK (but the fact that other stuff like LAN is working probably means all kexts are correctly installed and in the caches).

[Solved ]Re: Audio Problem: H55M-UD2H

First of all "Thanks a ton" for this distinguished forum all the mod & special thanks to Humph & Burninator for taking interest & guiding newbies like me.

The problem got solved finally.

What is did was:
Deleted already existing AppleHDA & LegacyHDA889.Kext; rebooted it & used
Multibeast 2.3 to install Kext>Audio>LegacyHDA>ALC889
(as per suggestion didn't select AppleHDA 10.6.2 Rollback)

Kudos!!

good to hear everything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back