Contribute
Register

[Solved] Attempting System Restart... (Pentium G5400)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime H310M-D
CPU
G5400
Graphics
GTX 750
Hey guys, this is my first Hackintosh attempt, trying this on my new PC. The specifications are below.

Mobo: Asus Prime H310M-D
Processor: Intel Pentium G5400
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 750 1GB
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury DDR4 2400 mHz
SSD: 120GB SanDisk SATA, 240GB Toshiba NVMe (will install on this)

I found a guide on installing Hackintosh on a Kaby Lake Pentium processor, applied it to my Coffee Lake one. I'm including the preboot.log and config.plist files.

Please help this fellow nerd.

Attachments

• config_and_log.zip
    10.5 KB · Views: 662
I have the exact same issue with the exact same motherboard. I'm also looking for help, I have tried the FixShutdown, tried dropping DMAR, MATS and even BGRT tables, tried adding NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, but none of that works.
If you find a solution to the restart issue, please give some details.

Thanks

I have the exact same issue with the exact same motherboard. I'm also looking for help, I have tried the FixShutdown, tried dropping DMAR, MATS and even BGRT tables, tried adding NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, but none of that works.
If you find a solution to the restart issue, please give some details.

Thanks
I gave up on Vanilla, and installed it via UniBeast/MultiBeast. Working perfectly now. Followed this guide, but made some changes to make it work on the 8th Gen Pentium.

I can share my EFI and config.plist when I get to home, if you want.

Damn, if you could give me some details about what you had to change i would be grateful.
I need to know the details because the next update i will have to know what to do ;)

I will give it a go again, because the first time i have tried unibeast i got as far as a black screen with apple logo, the installer didn't load at all, unfortunately.

I believe I added XHCI-300-something kext and a USBInjectAll kext, also APFS driver in driver64uefi (only if you're installing on APFS). In config.plist I chose iMac 18,2 in the SMBIOS, and removed the Intel graphics inject under devices.

Make sure to do exactly what the video did. Nothing was chosen under DSDT patches, so don't worry about that. Idk why you have to choose them when doing Vanilla install.

The most important thing is, use a USB2 port. USB 3 ports for installation doesn't work at all, it will say "Still waiting for root device" in garbled text, with the prohibited sign.

Sorry for the messy explanation, I don't exactly remember what I did. I won't be able to access my computer today, but I will inform you when I can.

Hello, I'm using the cpu same with you, and i'm searching efi files. can you share to me ? thank you.

@rayxiang, please update your profile (account details) with your Motherboard and iGPU or Graphics Card(s).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

Hello,Spesifik
I'm using the cpu same with you, and i'm searching efi files. can you share to me ? thank you.
I did not succeed in your way.
Gigabyte B360M D3H
Intel G5400
AMD rx560 4g

Last edited:
Hello @Spesifik
I'm too using the cpu same with you, and i'm searching efi files.
can you help me? Thanks
Asrock B360M Pro4
Intel G5400
Nvidia GTX 1060 6 Gb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back