Contribute
Register

[Solved] Attempting System restart...MACH Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are at the Disk Utility at the installation screen ?
why no pictures to supplement your text?
If you are at the Installation screen >Disk Utility and cannot see your Target SSD:

Press Windows Key and 2 (not F2) and you will see your disk.
If that is not what you are meaning explain in detail or upload screen shot.

Alright...somehow i stumbled upon successfully getting up to the "Install macOS High Sierra" prompt, but it does not recognize my target SSD
I believe you have seen my responses posted earlier.
Good luck and Good night.

If you are at the Installation screen >Disk Utility and cannot see your Target SSD:

Press Windows Key and 2 (not F2) and you will see your disk.
If that is not what you are meaning explain in detail or upload screen shot.
Here are the screenshots

I tried pressing win+2 and my SSD still didn’t come up.

Thanks

Attachments

• A674CE3A-2E64-442A-B5FF-945A7032E4CC.jpeg
    A674CE3A-2E64-442A-B5FF-945A7032E4CC.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 147
  • 15A1768B-EE5B-4700-81C2-E7E36A8F5F9D.jpeg
    15A1768B-EE5B-4700-81C2-E7E36A8F5F9D.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 156
Here are the screenshots

Thanks
Check the edited image to locate View>√ Show All Devices If still SSD missing reply right now.

Attachments

• View √Show all Devices.png
    View √Show all Devices.png
    373.1 KB · Views: 145
Here are the screenshots

Thanks
The last help for that ( hoping the SSD is connected to your MoBO with proper SATA data cable and PWR and is not dead)

1. From Diskutility >Quit

2. Utilitis>Terminal

3. Cmd on Terminal : diskutil list [ENTER]

4. Locate your SSD in the output of above cmd

5. Find its IDENTIFIER number in last Column "IDENTIFIER"

6. Let us say your SSD is /dev/disk0

7. Then command to Partition and Format is:

8. diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk0 GPT JHFS+ HighSierraSSD 0b [ENTER] [0b =zerob as in /disk0]

9. Wait for a 2 minutes to finish the cmd

10. Exit

11. Go to macOS install screen >license .... Agree

12. Find your HighSierraSSD and select and start install

The last help for that ( hoping the SSD is connected to your MoBO with proper SATA data cable and PWR and is not dead)

1. From Diskutility >Quit

2. Utilitis>Terminal

3. Cmd on Terminal : diskutil list [ENTER]

4. Locate your SSD in the output of above cmd

5. Find its IDENTIFIER number in last Column "IDENTIFIER"

6. Let us say your SSD is /dev/disk0

7. Then command to Partition and Format is:

8. diskutil partitionDisk /dev/disk0 GPT JHFS+ HighSierraSSD 0b [ENTER] [0b =zerob as in /disk0]

9. Wait for a 2 minutes to finish the cmd

10. Exit

11. Go to macOS install screen >license .... Agree

12. Find your HighSierraSSD and select and start install

when i enter terminal and enter the "diskutil list" command. my drive still does not show up in the list. attached photos

EDIT: Went into my BIOS and found that my SATA controller (I think) was not set to ACHI and CSM was enabled. Set SATA controller to ACHI and Disabled CSM and rebooted. when I launched the Clover boot I noticed that in Verbose mode my HSSSD was mount, which was something i had not seen before.
Currently installing HS

Attachments

• IMG_3299.JPG
    IMG_3299.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4173.JPG
    IMG_4173.JPG
    5.3 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
when i enter terminal and enter the "diskutil list" command. my drive still does not show up in the list. attached photos
  • Exit from Terminal
  • Go to Apple icon on that screen >Reboot > Enter BIOS setup screen> Look for the Screen that should show attached Hard disks and take a Photo of that screen to upload.
  • If you cannot find your SSD there, exit BIOS
  • Shut Down PC
  • Take Power Cable Off the Socket
  • Open the case and check the SATA and Power Cable to the SSD and remove and Reinsert them Firmly and Securely
  • Reconnect PWR cable and Power ON>Reboot
  • Go back to BIOS
  • Check if you can see the SSD now .
  • If still not seen, > Shut down > change the SATA cable with a new one or one that was used for another disk and connect to SATA Port 0 and to the Disk's SATA port firmly and securely
  • Connect Power to the Disk firmly and securely
  • Reboot and check the Disk in the BIOS.
  • If still not seen , use different SSD for installation as that disk is damaged.

• Exit from Terminal
  • Go to Apple icon on that screen >Reboot > Enter BIOS setup screen> Look for the Screen that should show attached Hard disks and take a Photo of that screen to upload.
  • If you cannot find your SSD there, exit BIOS
  • Shut Down PC
  • Take Power Cable Off the Socket
  • Open the case and check the SATA and Power Cable to the SSD and remove and Reinsert them Firmly and Securely
  • Reconnect PWR cable and Power ON>Reboot
  • Go back to BIOS
  • Check if you can see the SSD now .
  • If still not seen, > Shut down > change the SATA cable with a new one or one that was used for another disk and connect to SATA Port 0 and to the Disk's SATA port firmly and securely
  • Connect Power to the Disk firmly and securely
  • Reboot and check the Disk in the BIOS.
  • If still not seen , use different SSD for installation as that disk is damaged.
Edit : or you may have a SATA port that is not working.
Troubleshoot for that is in the Forum if you search , you can find.

I have successfully installed High Sierra! thanks for all your help i REALLY appreciate it.

Is there anything I have to do from here?

I have just installed HS and done a little internet browsing, thats all (typing this response from my new Hack!)

Also, will I be able to add a second monitor using integrated graphics?

Thanks again

I have successfully installed High Sierra! thanks for all your help i REALLY appreciate it.

Is there anything I have to do from here?

I have just installed HS and done a little internet browsing, thats all (typing this response from my new Hack!)

Also, will I be able to add a second monitor using integrated graphics?

Thanks again
Great !:clap:
  • I suggest making a clone of this disk because of the difficulties you had in creating it.
  • Then you can work on all kinds of post install modification with more confidence.
  • You can check out the steps to use Clonezilla (A linux Freeware that can create Mac, Windows and Linux disks with ease including SSDs in APFS format) here:#2
  • Please edit the Title of this post with prefix [SOLVED] and your post then will help others with same issue in that hardware.
  • There are very few well documented Troubleshoot for successful MACH Reboot error anywhere. For that reason your post is important .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back