This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh machine. My components are:

Intel i7-7700K
ASUS Prime B250M - A
integrated graphics
250gb Boot SSD
500gb Data SSD
1tb Backup HDD
16gb G-Skill 2400 Mhz DDR4 RAM

Have made the bootable USB stick with High Sierra, but when I attempt to install macOS HS after getting to the clover menu a bunch of text that I don't understand scrolls through quickly then it stop at "Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot"

I have searched a few different forum and tried the following:
- Dropping the MATS/DMAR/BGRT tables from my config file -- same error
- Changing the "darkwake" value from =1 to =8 and back again (ASUS board settings) --same error
- replacing the fakeSMC.kext in the EFI partition -- same error

Im not really sure what else i can do. i attach my current config.plist file and a screenshot of my screen with error.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.2 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_0843.jpeg
    IMG_0843.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 2,425
Hi Guys,

This is my first attempt at a Hackintosh machine. My components are:

Intel i7-7700K
ASUS Prime B250M - A
integrated graphics
250gb Boot SSD
500gb Data SSD
1tb Backup HDD
16gb G-Skill 2400 Mhz DDR4 RAM

Have made the bootable USB stick with High Sierra, but when I attempt to install macOS HS after getting to the clover menu a bunch of text that I don't understand scrolls through quickly then it stop at "Attempting system restart...MACH Reboot"

I have searched a few different forum and tried the following:
- Dropping the MATS/DMAR/BGRT tables from my config file -- same error
- Changing the "darkwake" value from =1 to =8 and back again (ASUS board settings) --same error
- replacing the fakeSMC.kext in the EFI partition -- same error

Im not really sure what else i can do. i attach my current config.plist file and a screenshot of my screen with error.

Thanks in advance.
  • Since config.plist uses the contents of rest of CLOVER folders, looking at config.plist without checking the other parts of CLOVER often gives a false sense of security in the interpretation.
    • Config.plist is edited by the user who knows or should know what is inside /CLOVER/kexts/Other, CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, CLOVER/themes etc but we are not provided those folders to verify to make an interpretation of config.plist provided.
  • Since CLOVER works intimately with BIOS, what is chosen in BIOS menu for booting that disk containing CLOVER , can also affect how CLOVER would behave during boot.
    • CLOVER can be perfect but if wrong BIOS options are chosen or right one not selected, Boot can fail.
  • The currently uploaded config.plist DOES NOT show any dropped tables mentioned in the post in ACPI section.
  • To get a more informed troubleshoot, please upload the whole CLOVER with the config.plist it contains as a compressed file to check them all and find any conflicts among them.
  • List the BIOS options you have actually selected and not what the GUIDE recommends in general.

• Since config.plist uses the contents of rest of CLOVER folders, looking at config.plist without checking the other parts of CLOVER often gives a false sense of security in the interpretation.
    • Config.plist is edited by the user who knows or should know what is inside /CLOVER/kexts/Other, CLOVER/drivers64UEFI, CLOVER/themes etc but we are not provided those folders to verify to make an interpretation of config.plist provided.
  • Since CLOVER works intimately with BIOS, what is chosen in BIOS menu for booting that disk containing CLOVER , can also affect how CLOVER would behave during boot.
    • CLOVER can be perfect but if wrong BIOS options are chosen or right one not selected, Boot can fail.
  • The currently uploaded config.plist DOES NOT show any dropped tables mentioned in the post in ACPI section.
  • To get a more informed troubleshoot, please upload the whole CLOVER with the config.plist it contains as a compressed file to check them all and find any conflicts among them.
  • List the BIOS options you have actually selected and not what the GUIDE recommends in general.
Sure thing I wil upload that info once I get home in a bit

Thank you!

I attached my EFI folder and in my bios the
VT-D is disabled
Secureboot is disabled
OtherOS is enabled
I could not find a way to disable XHCI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3 MB · Views: 685
I attached my EFI folder and in my bios the
VT-D is disabled
Secureboot is disabled
OtherOS is enabled
I could not find a way to disable XHCI
XHCI -hand Off should be ENABLED.

• I have edited and annotated the CLOVER/kexts/Other CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and also config.plist .
  • Please try to edit them in this manner and Save in your CLOVER and boot with that and upload problem verbose boot screen for further help as needed.

Attachments

• 1.:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    1.:CLOVER:drivers64UEFI.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 3,539
  • 2.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    2.:CLOVER:kexts:Other.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 3,652
  • 3.ACPI.png
    3.ACPI.png
    284.6 KB · Views: 3,682
  • 4.Boot.png
    4.Boot.png
    264.1 KB · Views: 3,729
  • 5.Devices.png
    5.Devices.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 3,531
  • 6.Gui.png
    6.Gui.png
    223.2 KB · Views: 3,385
  • 7.Graphics.png
    7.Graphics.png
    215.9 KB · Views: 3,257
  • 8.Kernel&Kext Patches.png
    8.Kernel&Kext Patches.png
    193.9 KB · Views: 3,139
  • 9.Rt Variables.png
    9.Rt Variables.png
    235.3 KB · Views: 3,055
  • 10.SMBIOS.png
    10.SMBIOS.png
    234.2 KB · Views: 2,968
  • 11.System Parameters.png
    11.System Parameters.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 3,014
XHCI -hand Off should be ENABLED.

• I have edited and annotated the CLOVER/kexts/Other CLOVER/drivers64UEFI and also config.plist .
  • Please try to edit them in this manner and Save in your CLOVER and boot with that and upload problem verbose boot screen for further help as needed.

Thank you! I really appreciate your help. I looked at the images and the only one I dont understand is the very first photo. I dont get what you are trying to tell me.

Thanks again!

Enable Fix Headers :

Fix.png

Thank you! I really appreciate your help. I looked at the images and the only one I dont understand is the very first photo. I dont get what you are trying to tell me.

Thanks again!
  • You have chosen in /drivers64UEFI OsxAptioFix3DRV-64.efi instead of the most common OsxAptioFix2DRV-64.EFI .
    • Any specific reason to do so?
  • Usually alternatives are chosen after having had a Kernel Panic from the OsxAptioFixDrv... used before the error.
  • Also as P1LGRIM suggested, add [√] FixHeaders also: that is in ACPI #2. Your choice [√] is on ACPI #1only.

• You have chosen in /drivers64UEFI OsxAptioFix3DRV-64.efi instead of the most common OsxAptioFix2DRV-64.EFI .
    • Any specific reason to do so?
  • Usually alternatives are chosen after having had a Kernel Panic from the OsxAptioFixDrv... used before the error.
  • Also as P1LGRIM suggested, add [√] FixHeaders also: that is in ACPI #2. Your choice [√] is on ACPI #1only.
nope there was no specific reason for the file you mentioned. It was loaded by unibeast by default.

I attempted to make the changes you recommended, however i still got the same error as above
attaching the EFI partition for review.

Attachments

• EFI 2.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 600
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back