[solved] Ativ Book 6 - Help patching DSDT and SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ativ Book 6 - Help patching DSDT and SSDT

--EDIT--

I made a few updates:

- Discrete AMD graphic is disabled.
  • Added "Disable from _INI" patch to SSDT-7;
  • Added "Disable from _REG" patch to DSDT.

- Using Elan PS2 drivers.
  • Removed VoodooPS2 from Clover kext to inject and installed Elan PS2 kext to S/L/E.

- Sleep is working*.
*When I put the system to sleep, it works and the power led keeps slowly blinking as expected. However I need to press the Power button two times to wake up. First time the system fans and HD kicks in and the second time I press the power button the screen turns on. If I put the system to sleep again, I only need to press power button once, but the power blinking led isn't working anymore, it stays on. Also, when I shutdown the system, the power led stays on, I need to press the power button once to complete the shutdown. This shutdown behavior only happens if I used sleep before on this session, otherwise the system shutdowns normally.

Now regarding the screen backlight, it's still not working and I need help with it.
- I've installed Brightness fix HD3000/HD4000 to my DSDT. Now I have the brightness slider on Displays and also the keyboard shortcut shows the input on the screen. But the brightness is still not changing, except when I move the slider totally to the left, the screens gets almost totally black. Just one step to the right and it goes full brightness again.
- Tested with AppleBacklight patched didn't work. Tested with the injector and vanilla AppleBacklight, didn't work either;
- Now I've installed ACPIBacklight and didn't work too. I'm attaching all the logs as requested before with the actual system setup. Keep in mind that ACPIBacklight kext is still installed on this logs.

View attachment AB6.zip

Now regarding the screen backlight, it's still not working and I need help with it.
- I've installed Brightness fix HD3000/HD4000 to my DSDT. Now I have the brightness slider on Displays and also the keyboard shortcut shows the input on the screen. But the brightness is still not changing, except when I move the slider totally to the left, the screens gets almost totally black. Just one step to the right and it goes full brightness again.
- Tested with AppleBacklight patched didn't work. Tested with the injector and vanilla AppleBacklight, didn't work either;
- Now I've installed ACPIBacklight and didn't work too. I'm attaching all the logs as requested before with the actual system setup. Keep in mind that ACPIBacklight kext is still installed on this logs.

View attachment 180013

If AppleBacklight.kext doesn't work, then your computer does not use the Intel IGPU PWM registers.

There are alternatives for that case (eg. "Brightness Fix (ACPI 100)").

Read the guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Nice! Brightness Fix (ACPI 100) worked!

And the transitions are really smooth, even better than on Windows.

Sleep is also working when closid the laptop lid now.

Almost done with the system, but I still have a few more questions/things to solve for now:
- No audio after sleep. Yeah, I already saw a lot of threads regarding this issue. Only fix for now is unload and reload the AppleHDA kext?
- No audio over HDMI, however the video Output works great! How can I enable it?
- Keyboard backlight. On Linux I could activate it by change the value on this file: /sys/class/leds/samsung\:\:kbd_backlight/brightness and also I had to load Samsung_tools on the kernel. On Windows I need to have the appropriate software from Samsung for get the backlight to work. Where should I start to get it to work on Yosemite? The keyboard shortcuts don't work and are certainly wrong mapped, since FN+ F9 (KeyboardLight Down) increases the brightness of the screen, instead of decreasing the keyboard light.
- No wifi, incompatible chipset. Best option at the moment to have wifi and bt would be the BCM94352HMB?

Nice! Brightness Fix (ACPI 100) worked!

And the transitions are really smooth, even better than on Windows.

Sleep is also working when closid the laptop lid now.

Almost done with the system, but I still have a few more questions/things to solve for now:
- No audio after sleep. Yeah, I already saw a lot of threads regarding this issue. Only fix for now is unload and reload the AppleHDA kext?

Did you install CodecCommander.kext? See FAQ.

- No audio over HDMI, however the video Output works great! How can I enable it?

HDMI audio is covered in the FAQ.

- Keyboard backlight. On Linux I could activate it by change the value on this file:

Make sure ACPI is patched correctly. Link in FAQ.

- No wifi, incompatible chipset. Best option at the moment to have wifi and bt would be the BCM94352HMB?

Correct. See info in FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Perfect! Thanks for the help RehabMan!

CodecCommander solved the audio.

HDMI audio is working too now.

WiFi I'll need to import from outside the country, it will take a few weeks to arrive.

And keyboard backlight isn't that important.

I'm just sometimes having a few graphical glitches when waking from sleep, but they vanish after I start to using the system.

You can close this thread, if the graphical glitches get worse, I'll open another topic!

Perfect! Thanks for the help RehabMan!

CodecCommander solved the audio.

HDMI audio is working too now.

WiFi I'll need to import from outside the country, it will take a few weeks to arrive.

And keyboard backlight isn't that important.

I'm just sometimes having a few graphical glitches when waking from sleep, but they vanish after I start to using the system.

You can close this thread, if the graphical glitches get worse, I'll open another topic!

Marked solved.

nightmike, tudo bem. amigo poderia me ajudar! tenho o mesmo tipo de nootbook, e estou com problemas com ele para instalar o hackintosh, poderia me dar uma força, sou lego nisso, se poder é claro...

Please, English only as per rules (you already agreed): https://www.tonymacx86.com/rules/

nightmike, fine. friend could help me! I have the same type of nootbook, and I have problems with it to install the hackintosh, could give me a force, I'm a layman in that, if of course ...

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back