Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS VivoBook Pro 17 N705UD (Clover)
CPU
i7-8550U
Graphics
UHD620/GTX1050, 1920x1080
Hello,
My MacBook Pro 17 just died a few weeks ago, I have bought this Asus notebook to replace it since Apple decided we don't need any 17" notebook.

Clover UEFI boots fine but when I launch the High Sierra installer but it stops a few seconds after the launch.

Unfortunately I don't have access right now to another MAC computer, only thing I have is this Asus with Win 10, tried various EFI folders from similar hardware without any success.

My bios settings are like that :

Clover v2.4K-4411 and High Sierra 10.13.3

Sorry I'm new to this but what can I do now?

Last edited:
Hello,
My MacBook Pro 17 just died a few weeks ago, I have bought this Asus notebook to replace it since Apple decided we don't need any 17" notebook.

Clover UEFI boots fine but when I launch the High Sierra installer but it stops a few seconds after the launch.

Unfortunately I don't have access right now to another MAC computer, only thing I have is this Asus with Win 10, tried various EFI folders from similar hardware without any success.

My bios settings are like that :

Clover v2.4K-4411 and High Sierra 10.13.3

Sorry I'm new to this but what can I do now?
you need a mac or working hackintosh to create the usb installer

Unfortunately I don't have access right now to another MAC computer

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

MacOS was downloaded from the Appstore, before my MacBook Pro died.

Today I was able to use my neighbor's MacBook to create another USB Install drive, now I'm stuck at the loading spinner.

Used Unibeast to create the USB Install drive.

Last edited:
Thanks black.dragon74, all these things are new for me.

Just another noob question, is it possible to keep Win10 after the MacOS install?

Ok this time I have used the automated installer to build my USB key, stuck again...

Edit : Waiting more gives me a black screen.

Attachments

• IMG_4578.JPG
    IMG_4578.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 435
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back