Contribute
Register

[solved] ASUS UX430UA Kaby Lake HD 620 HDMI Audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change config.plist/Devices/#AddProperties to config.plist/Devices/AddProperties.
(always edit your config.plist with Xcode or PlistEdit Pro).

Hi,

hope this helps others with similar issue.
My setup: Dell Inspiron 15, i5 7200u CPU, Intel HD 620, AL256 Audio (layout 13)

After checking the many give available, and what other users did, found out how the <data> fields are base64 encoded, and was able to update the string to set the layout to 13 in HDA and HDMI outputs. Audio works just wonderful over speakers, HDMI, or headhone port.

My setup uses latest versions of Lilu + AppleALC + CodecCommander and original AppleHDA kexts, and no DSDTs / SSDTs for the moment, although I got leads to the right configs from other people's DSDTs / SSDTs.

Thanks RehabMan !

Attachments

• config.plist
    13.1 KB · Views: 230
Hi,

After checking the many give available, and what other users did, found out how the <data> fields are base64 encoded, and was able to update the string to set the layout to 13 in HDA and HDMI outputs. Audio works just wonderful over speakers, HDMI, or headhone port.

My setup uses latest versions of Lilu + AppleALC + CodecCommander and original AppleHDA kexts, and no DSDTs / SSDTs for the moment, although I got leads to the right configs from other people's DSDTs / SSDTs.

Thanks RehabMan !
if I use this way, may headphone cannot work, help me
Dell 3567 15, i3 7100U, ALC 256

if I use this way, may headphone cannot work, help me
Dell 3567 15, i3 7100U, ALC 256

Hi Chungs,

from previous messages, it seemed like you had made audio work in your machine. In my case, I just followed the instructions that Rehabman gave you to edit my own config.plist. The key points to me where the following:

- latest versions of Lilu + AppleALC + CodecCommander into /Library/Extensions, and original AppleHDA kext into S/L/E
- Definition of everything in section <key>AddProperties</key> as per Rehabman, including editing the layout to 13 in base64
- Definition of section <key>Audio</key>
- This page is THE reference to configure and troubleshoot audio:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/

Also, while configuring my system, I noticed that there are several layouts of ALC256, not just one. Some systems use 13, others 56, and I remember reading about a 3rd option. So you may try those layouts, to see if one of them fixes your headphone jack.

Plus, there are several other articles in this forum, related to ALC256 + Kaby Lake + high Sierra, that should be of guidance.
It may be helpful for you to google for "SSDT-ALC256.dsl" or similarly named ACPI files created by other users, that customize the layouts and commands or "verbs" sent to the codec. I didn't need them, as AppleALC + CodecCommander seemed to do all the magic with the parameters set by Clover, but I learnt a lot about how to troubleshoot my hack.

Hi,

Thanks RehabMan !
Hey Dell-Tester I have the same Laptop with same config which you have got can you please share your patched SSDTs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back