Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, i'm trying to connect external monitor via HDMI micro.

spec:
CPU: Kaby Lake i7-7500U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
macOS Sierra: 10.12.6

In BIOS i had to enable CMS support because without that it doesn't work at all(no detect external monitor).

Flow:
- when i connect monitor via HDMI and turn on laptop, display works only on external monitor. I'm not able to switch monitor to internal display. When i disconnect cable still internal display not working(switching). I have to reboot and then internal works fine
- when i boot only on internal display and then connect external it doesn't switch or mirror displays.
- when i go to SystemPreferences->Displays i don't see second display, even when i press with cmd "detect displays"

Can someone help my with this?

Thank you

Attachments

• Gulios-UX430UA-latest.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 320
Hi, i'm trying to connect external monitor via HDMI micro.

spec:
CPU: Kaby Lake i7-7500U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 620
macOS Sierra: 10.12.6

In BIOS i had to enable CMS support because without that it doesn't work at all(no detect external monitor).

Flow:
- when i connect monitor via HDMI and turn on laptop, display works only on external monitor. I'm not able to switch monitor to internal display. When i disconnect cable still internal display not working(switching). I have to reboot and then internal works fine
- when i boot only on internal display and then connect external it doesn't switch or mirror displays.
- when i go to SystemPreferences->Displays i don't see second display, even when i press with cmd "detect displays"

Can someone help my with this?

Thank you

No ig-platform-id set.
Try various valid ig-platform-id values.

ok, i'll try
I've removed all fakeId etc because since 10.12.6 Kaby Lake is native supported as "Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB 1536 MB"

Thx

No ig-platform-id set.
Try various valid ig-platform-id values.

ok, i tried to set ig-platform-id: 0x19168086 but it doesn't change situation, still no external display ;(

Attachments

• MacBook_Pro.png
    MacBook_Pro.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 418
ok, i tried to set ig-platform-id: 0x19168086 but it doesn't change situation, still no external display ;(

ig-platform-id 0x19168086 is not a valid ig-platform-id.
You should expect graphics drivers to be disabled when using an invalid ig-platform-id.

ig-platform-id 0x19168086 is not a valid ig-platform-id.
You should expect graphics drivers to be disabled when using an invalid ig-platform-id.

ok, tried with:
IntelGFX: 0x59128086
and ig-platform-id's:
0x59120003
or
0x59120000
or
0x59160000

and still external display/mirroring not working;(

Thx

Last edited:
ok, files attached

Thx

You're not injecting any ig-platform-id, therefore the kexts use a default... 0x59160000.

config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id has no effect without config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

You're not injecting any ig-platform-id, therefore the kexts use a default... 0x59160000.

config.plist/Graphics/ig-platform-id has no effect without config.plist/Graphics/Inject/Intel=true.

upps, sorry RehabMan i forgot to set "Intel=true" ;(

so, i set inject Intel and tried with different ids for IntelGFX and ig-platform-id and still nothing
With CMS Support i can boot only on external monitor, no mirroring or switching.
Without CMS Support only internal display works.

When i changed ig-platform-id and inject Intel "About this mac" shows "Intel HD Graphics 620 1536 MB" insead of "Intel HD Graphics KBL CRB 1536 MB" - 10.12.6 native support.

Should i only change ig-platform-id and leave IntelGFX ?
If yes, can you give me some list of values i can check?

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back