Contribute
Register

[solved] Asus UX310UA - installer disk util can't find the HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you, I'm working on it, I'm waiting for a 3.1 type C USB adapter to plug a device in that port and discover it

in the meanwhile, trying to load AppleLPC.kext

When I started to patch my DSDT, the first patched I applied was remove _DSM methods, and then Skylake LPC.
But for some reason, after further patching to enable Audio e I2C touchpad, many _DSM methods appeared again and the Skylake LPC _DSM method disappeared.
So now I can't apply the Skylake LPC patch again since there are already many _DSM methods that create conflicts, and I can't remove them since are used by the I2C trackpad (indeed if I remove those methods, I can apply Skylake LPC but then I got KP because of I2C).
I also tried to rename them to XDSM, but same thing.

is there a way to add this method
Code:
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
                    Return (Package()
                    {
                        "compatible", "pci8086,9cc1",
                    })
                }
inside the scope _SB / PCI0 / LPCB without removing other _DSM methods?
or an alternative without using DSDT patching?

See ACPI patching guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Rename or remove all _DSM methods except those needed by I2C kexts.

now I'm a bit stuck with HDMI-Audio

I'm following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/

I did everything except the config.plist patch.

my physical connector is HDMI, on the 0204 connector (framebuffer@2).
hot-pluggin HDMI video works fine.

now the patch looks like this:
comment: HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x19160000
name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
find: <00000800 02000000 98000000 01050900 00040000>
replace: <00000800 00040000 98000000 01050900 00040000>

it's quite different from the one on the guide (at least to me), so I don't understand where should I code 0204 and where 0008000

attached is the IOReg with HDMI plugged-in and the config.plist that I'm talking about

Attachments

• hdmi.zip
    535.2 KB · Views: 69
now I'm a bit stuck with HDMI-Audio

I'm following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/

I did everything except the config.plist patch.

my physical connector is HDMI, on the 0204 connector (framebuffer@2).
hot-pluggin HDMI video works fine.

now the patch looks like this:
comment: HDMI-audio, port 0204, 0x19160000
name: com.apple.driver.AppleIntelSKLGraphicsFramebuffer
find: <00000800 02000000 98000000 01050900 00040000>
replace: <00000800 00040000 98000000 01050900 00040000>

it's quite different from the one on the guide (at least to me), so I don't understand where should I code 0204 and where 0008000

attached is the IOReg with HDMI plugged-in and the config.plist that I'm talking about

The patch you show is not part of my guide.

The patch for 0204 0x19160000 would be:
find: <02 04 0A 00 00 04 00 00 87 01 00 00>
replace: <02 04 0A 00 00 08 00 00 87 01 00 00>

Simple matter of looking at the data in the associated ig-platform data in the kext binary (using a hex editor)...

ok, done that.
now the only requirements I didn't meet is "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on IGPU (but is ok on HDEF, and I don't have HDAU since it's Skylake).
I injected "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" using "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" in DSDT (IGPU is defined in DSDT and not on SSDT),
but obviously I must have done it wrong, or I'm missing something.

I'm attaching all the required.

Attachments

• hdmi report.zip
    2 MB · Views: 61
ok, done that.
now the only requirements I didn't meet is "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on IGPU (but is ok on HDEF, and I don't have HDAU since it's Skylake).
I injected "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" using "Rename B0D3 to HDAU" in DSDT (IGPU is defined in DSDT and not on SSDT),
but obviously I must have done it wrong, or I'm missing something.

I'm attaching all the required.

The ioreg shows "hda-gfx" on HDEF and IGPU. Not sure why you think it isn't there.
Try both with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext (some Skylake needs it, others not... not possible to predict).

Note: You forgot to press F4 before collecting EFI/Clover (files in ACPI/origin are 4 days old).

The ioreg shows "hda-gfx" on HDEF and IGPU. Not sure why you think it isn't there.

I'm sorry, don't know how I could miss it,
btw, tried with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext,
first I installed it along with FakePCIID.kext (rebooted, and tried), then I removed it, repaired permissions/rebuild cache, reboot.
still doesn't work (HDMI video is fine, but no HDMI audio device in Sys.Pref./Sound/Output)

I'm sorry, don't know how I could miss it,
btw, tried with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext,
first I installed it along with FakePCIID.kext (rebooted, and tried), then I removed it, repaired permissions/rebuild cache, reboot.
still doesn't work (HDMI video is fine, but no HDMI audio device in Sys.Pref./Sound/Output)

No idea without "Problem Reporting" files in that scenario.
Could be issue with your AppleHDA...

I'm attaching "problem reporting" files in the "no-FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext" scenario
(and fresh-collected ACPI/origin tables).
while "problem reporting" files with the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext installed are on post #72.

I'm also attaching my patched AppleHDA.kext that I'm currently using, just in case..

Attachments

• report with no fakepciid_hdmi.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 60
I'm attaching "problem reporting" files in the "no-FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext" scenario
(and fresh-collected ACPI/origin tables).
while "problem reporting" files with the FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext installed are on post #72.

I'm also attaching my patched AppleHDA.kext that I'm currently using, just in case..

You might look here...

Skylake HDMI audio fix with PublishHDMI_DP
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319211-guide-fix-skylake-hdmidp-output/

that didn't fix it,
I patched layout3.xml (I'm indeed using "3" in my kext) as the guide says
now I can see HDMI under "Intel High Definition Audio" in "About This Mac / System Report / Audio"
but no HDMI output device in "System Preferences/Sound/Output"

tried with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

I think I must give up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back