Contribute
Register

[solved] Asus UX310UA - installer disk util can't find the HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
so today I added Wifi+Bluetooth and USB implementation following your guides

this is the updated report, everything seems like it's working but I don't know how to check the following:

1) CPU power management
2) IGPU power management
3) QE/CI support
4) correct USB implementation

Attachments

• Dimitri report 5.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 71
so today I added Wifi+Bluetooth and USB implementation following your guides

this is the updated report, everything seems like it's working but I don't know how to check the following:

1) CPU power management
2) IGPU power management
3) QE/CI support
4) correct USB implementation

1/2/3 look good according to ioreg.

4: Why is HS05 marked internal if nothing is attached to it?
And guessing:
- you have two USB3 ports, one HS01/SS01, other HS04/SS04?
- two USB2-only ports HS02/HS03?

Yes i have 2x USB2 and 2x USB3.
HS05 is the internal card reader, when I plug an sd card it appears under HS05. So is it ok if set as internal?

Yes i have 2x USB2 and 2x USB3.
HS05 is the internal card reader, when I plug an sd card it appears under HS05. So is it ok if set as internal?

If the card reader doesn't work, you might consider disabling the port it is attached to.
And I'm really not certain what the right UsbConnector would be in that case. Could be 255 as it is "internal", but then it not always connected and if "internal" is interpreted as "always connected", then it might be better to use 0.

The card reader is working fine, it acts like an usb pen drive more or less. When I remove the sd card from the slot, there is no indication of the presence of the card reader.

also, my laptop contains an internal PCIe slot to connect a M.2 Sata SDD
does the IOReg report (on post #91, nothing changed since then) tells us if that slot is correctly configured, and so if I can use that slot to boot the system (using a Sata SDD, not NVMe) ?

also, my laptop contains an internal PCIe slot to connect a M.2 Sata SDD
does the IOReg report (on post #91, nothing changed since then) tells us if that slot is correctly configured, and so if I can use that slot to boot the system (using a Sata SDD, not NVMe) ?

SATA M.2 SSDs go through the chipset SATA controller.

Hi @Dimitree, I have the same laptop and I have question about trackpad, How did you get it to work? Have you I2C or PS2?

After some day using the laptop, I noticed it can't reach the lower P-State.
The lowest I get is 13, while on El Capitan I could get 10.
any reason for this?
problem reporting files are on #91 above, nothing changed (hardware/software) since than.

CPU P-States [ (13) 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ] iGPU P-States [ (6) 18 21 24 27 30 ]

CPU Ratio Info:
------------------------------------
CPU Low Frequency Mode.............: 400 MHz
CPU Maximum non-Turbo Frequency....: 2300 MHz
CPU Maximum Turbo Frequency........: 2300 MHz

IGPU Info:
------------------------------------
IGPU Current Frequency.............: 0 MHz
IGPU Minimum Frequency.............: 300 MHz
IGPU Maximum Non-Turbo Frequency...: 300 MHz
IGPU Maximum Turbo Frequency.......: 1000 MHz
IGPU Maximum limit.................: No Limit

Hi @Dimitree, I have the same laptop and I have question about trackpad, How did you get it to work? Have you I2C or PS2?
I2C, just go to the VoodooI2C topic here on the forum and read the messages, you just need to install the right kext and remove original I2C kexts.

After some day using the laptop, I noticed it can't reach the lower P-State.
The lowest I get is 13, while on El Capitan I could get 10.
any reason for this?

It is the frequency vectors config in X86PlatformPlugin plist for your specific board-id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back