CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have Catalina 10.15.4 working 100% with emulated NVRAM using EMUVariableUEFI.efi.
Following @pastrychef's post regarding Z390 motherboards having native NVRAM, I decided to experiment. I have an Inateck HDD/SSD USB3 hard disk docking and cloning station, where I have a bootable clone of my everyday system which is installed on a Samsung 970 pro NVME drive.
I can boot from both all working.
Working off the clone, to get nvram working, I removed EMUVariableUEFI.efi, rebooted to system no problems at all. This has had the effect that sleep turns off the monitor and doesn't respond to keyboard or mouse. Right, so maybe as it is connected via USB3 that could be the cause. So I booted my nvme drive from the USB Clone, same results.
I tried changing different memory fixes one at a time to no avail. Removed AptioMemoryFix and used OcQuirks.efi, OcQuirks.plist and FwRuntimeServices.efi.
I have USB set up using USBPorts.kext.
All result in broken power management. Has anyone else had native NVRAM with Asus ROG Strix Z390 boards?

I have Catalina 10.15.4 working 100% with emulated NVRAM using EMUVariableUEFI.efi.
Following @pastrychef's post regarding Z390 motherboards having native NVRAM, I decided to experiment. I have an Inateck HDD/SSD USB3 hard disk docking and cloning station, where I have a bootable clone of my everyday system which is installed on a Samsung 970 pro NVME drive.
I can boot from both all working.
Working off the clone, to get nvram working, I removed EMUVariableUEFI.efi, rebooted to system no problems at all. This has had the effect that sleep turns off the monitor and doesn't respond to keyboard or mouse. Right, so maybe as it is connected via USB3 that could be the cause. So I booted my nvme drive from the USB Clone, same results.
I tried changing different memory fixes one at a time to no avail. Removed AptioMemoryFix and used OcQuirks.efi, OcQuirks.plist and FwRuntimeServices.efi.
I have USB set up using USBPorts.kext.
All result in broken power management. Has anyone else had native NVRAM with Asus ROG Strix Z390 boards?

Please post your EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back