INTEL I5-3337U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

It's been a long while since I did a Hackintosh project, but I wanted to convert my XC550A (R510C) from a Windows machine to a full-blown Hackintosh laptop. I was able to successfully install macOS Sierra onto the hard drive and I can boot into the graphical desktop, but I am unable to do anything as I am getting some massive glitching errors. Because the internal screen on my laptop is broken, I have to mirror onto an external display (HP2311x). It alleviates the problem slightly, but not by much. After moving a few windows, it glitches out. I am convinced it has to do with QE\CI.

I believe that the system properties of this device are similar, if not exact, to the one in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-r510-with-no-sound-and-no-qe-ci.150265/. I have taken a look at this thread for help, but things might have been changed since the release of Yosemite to Sierra. I have yet to move to High Sierra.

I have attached my CLOVER folder from the EFI volume with the config.plist (using the HD4000 1366x768, either the regular or the series6 as I have swapped between the two to see if it makes a difference), kexts, and the EFI drivers. I am really unable to fetch anything else like my IOreg due to the glitching. Also, I have not applied my Clover folder (or made any DSDT fixes, for that matter) onto the hard drive yet as, again, the glitching is really preventing me from doing so. Below describes what I am talking about.

updHz3H.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 131
Hello,

It's been a long while since I did a Hackintosh project, but I wanted to convert my XC550A (R510C) from a Windows machine to a full-blown Hackintosh laptop. I was able to successfully install macOS Sierra onto the hard drive and I can boot into the graphical desktop, but I am unable to do anything as I am getting some massive glitching errors. Because the internal screen on my laptop is broken, I have to mirror onto an external display (HP2311x). It alleviates the problem slightly, but not by much. After moving a few windows, it glitches out. I am convinced it has to do with QE\CI.

I believe that the system properties of this device are similar, if not exact, to the one in this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/asus-r510-with-no-sound-and-no-qe-ci.150265/. I have taken a look at this thread for help, but things might have been changed since the release of Yosemite to Sierra. I have yet to move to High Sierra.

I have attached my CLOVER folder from the EFI volume with the config.plist (using the HD4000 1366x768, either the regular or the series6 as I have swapped between the two to see if it makes a difference), kexts, and the EFI drivers. I am really unable to fetch anything else like my IOreg due to the glitching. Also, I have not applied my Clover folder (or made any DSDT fixes, for that matter) onto the hard drive yet as, again, the glitching is really preventing me from doing so. Below describes what I am talking about.

updHz3H.jpg

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Unfortunately, I cannot fetch the IOreg or the patchmatic files as the screen is too unusable to actually get them, let alone do anything else. It keeps glitching out too much to a point where it covers the entire screen like a psychedelic trip or something...

Is there a way I can do this without needing to rely on graphical input? Also, I haven't installed any WiFi drivers yet as I need to fix the graphical issues first.

Unfortunately, I cannot fetch the IOreg or the patchmatic files as the screen is too unusable to actually get them, let alone do anything else. It keeps glitching out too much to a point where it covers the entire screen like a psychedelic trip or something...

Is there a way I can do this without needing to rely on graphical input? Also, I haven't installed any WiFi drivers yet as I need to fix the graphical issues first.

Connect with remote desktop from another computer on your network.

But note that the gen_debug.sh script is automated.

Also, maybe your BIOS settings are wrong. Make sure IGPU memory (DVMT-prealloc) is 64mb.

I would love to try Remote Desktop, but I haven’t found the right combination of kexts required to get the WiFi card working properly.

I believe my card is an AR928X, but I haven’t found full information on the card. I might have to investigate on Linux when I get the chance.

Also, BIOS is a nightmare as it only displays on the broken internal screen.

The laptop screen is broken and I can only see a small portion of the screen. This is why I mirror/extend to the external monitor in hopes of getting it to function. I am considering buying another replacement screen (the first one broke during shipping) so I can use it as a MacBook.

Also, which Ethernet Kext would be best for the R510C? I excluded the Ethernet kext as I didn't really need it at the time of installation. But, if I want to connect to it remotely, I'll have to make adjustments.

I forgot to mention this as well, but I was able to mirror the Mac out-of-box-experience setup screen successfully through HDMI onto my external monitor and it didn't present the glitches I am currently experiencing.

The laptop screen is broken and I can only see a small portion of the screen. This is why I mirror/extend to the external monitor in hopes of getting it to function. I am considering buying another replacement screen (the first one broke during shipping) so I can use it as a MacBook.

Also, which Ethernet Kext would be best for the R510C? I excluded the Ethernet kext as I didn't really need it at the time of installation. But, if I want to connect to it remotely, I'll have to make adjustments.

I forgot to mention this as well, but I was able to mirror the Mac out-of-box-experience setup screen successfully through HDMI onto my external monitor and it didn't present the glitches I am currently experiencing.

No ideas possible until you provide problem reporting files.

I don't know if I actually fixed the problem, but there are a few things I did:
  1. I added the Realtek 8111 kext to the Clover folder and was able to get a working Internet connection. (The device I have uses the same one as the ASUS Transformer Book Flip and therefore doesn't work.)
  2. I changed the Integrated Graphics setting in BIOS (DVMT-prealloc) from 64M to 128M
And it seems that the problem is now fixed!

I don't know if I actually fixed the problem, but there are a few things I did:
  1. I added the Realtek 8111 kext to the Clover folder and was able to get a working Internet connection. (The device I have uses the same one as the ASUS Transformer Book Flip and therefore doesn't work.)
  2. I changed the Integrated Graphics setting in BIOS (DVMT-prealloc) from 64M to 128M
And it seems that the problem is now fixed!

0x01660003 only requires 64mb prealloc.

But... marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back