Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z170-A
CPU
Intel Core i5 7600K
Graphics
Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics
Hey everyone!

Does anybody have experience with installing Sierra with this Motherboard? Clover seems to work ok, but when Im ready to boot the MacOS installer from the USB, all I get is the Black Screen with the white Apple. Cant pass through that.

Any help will be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Any help will be really appreciated!

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Boot in verbose mode and post a picture of the screen when it stops.

IMG_9683.jpg

@serchwolf, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Sorry, its done

Please note that your Kaby Lake CPU is not natively supported in macOS.
The CPU requires a FakeCPUID (with Skylake ID) to boot.

Thank you very much BreBo!!

Everything was perfect until I got to the part of booting from the Hard Drive.

When I m booting from the USB, the system works perfectly but theres a bit of delay on graphics.

The FakeID works when booting the system from the SSD but the minute the is loading, the next message appears and restarts the computer, (See attached)

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpg
    IMG_9692.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 207
The FakeID works when booting the system from the SSD but the minute the is loading, the next message appears and restarts the computer, (See attached)

Besides the FakeID did you also do the fixes to get full graphics acceleration for Kaby Lake Intel HD 630 ?

Besides the FakeID did you also do the fixes to get full graphics acceleration for Kaby Lake Intel HD 630 ?

Im pretty sure I did. I don't know if I did it properly though.

Im mounting the EFI with the "EFI Mounter v3" and then Im editing the config.plist

But also, when I look into my drive, theres 2 EFI backups

**** I can't find the /Devices/AddProperties anymore

Last edited:
Graphics are good now. It is just the booting part. When is trying to boot form the SSD, is showing that last screenshot I uploaded with the "Potential Fifo Overflow", but is booting from the USB perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back