Contribute
Register

[solved] Asus p8z77-v LK two rear usb 2.0 ports aren't working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Ladies and Gents,

I was going wait until the final release of El Capitan was out before posting this topic but I gathered since the GM is out why not. During the installation and post-install two of my rear USB 2.0 ports are dead. I do have a DSDT which is to fix multiplexing, I think from memory, I did not make it. To try and fix the issue I tried 2a. on the USB Fix El Capitan thread written by Poken.

This is the easy way, you just need to remove port-count and ports in info.plist, system will auto grab the ports from your DSDT!
AOe6UH4.png

For USB 3.0, you can also remove port-count and ports, or just name your USB 3.0 device in DSDT to XHC (actually any name, out of XHC1).

Some SMBIOS like iMac14,x do not have port restriction for USB 2.0, so you can set those SMBIOS if you get "still waiting for root device" caused by not-working USB 2.0 ports

CmRnXrk.png

However, Apple set a limit of 15 ports for one USB device, so if your DSDT define more than 15 ports, only first 15 ports will be recognized by system! In this case, you have to enable ports restriction and add your ports as guided in 2b.

I did this process on both AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext and AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext which resulted in disabling all my USB ports. I don't have issues in Yosemite. I have attached my DSDT and Config so maybe someone could take a look to see if the issue lies there. I'm more than happy to attached more files (of course) I'm just not sure what you'd need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system specs are in my signature but...
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v LK
CPU: Intel i7 3770K overclocked to 4.4ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB Ti OC
CPU Cooler: Antec H2O 920
Main HDD: Sandisk 240GB SSD
Second HDD: Western Digital 2TB

View attachment Cameron hackintosh.zip

Asus p8z77-v LK two rear usb 2.0 ports aren't working

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I was going wait until the final release of El Capitan was out before posting this topic but I gathered since the GM is out why not. During the installation and post-install two of my rear USB 2.0 ports are dead. I do have a DSDT which is to fix multiplexing, I think from memory, I did not make it. To try and fix the issue I tried 2a. on the USB Fix El Capitan thread written by Poken.

I did this process on both AppleUSBEHCIPCI.kext and AppleUSBXHCIPCI.kext which resulted in disabling all my USB ports. I don't have issues in Yosemite. I have attached my DSDT and Config so maybe someone could take a look to see if the issue lies there. I'm more than happy to attached more files (of course) I'm just not sure what you'd need.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My system specs are in my signature but...
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-v LK
CPU: Intel i7 3770K overclocked to 4.4ghz
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB Ti OC
CPU Cooler: Antec H2O 920
Main HDD: Sandisk 240GB SSD
Second HDD: Western Digital 2TB

View attachment 151701

The Multiplex patch should not be used with 10.11. Remove it (eg. repatch DSDT without it).

Rename EHC1 -> EH01, EHC2 -> EH02. XHC was likely not XHC1 in your original. Keep XHC.

The Multiplex patch should not be used with 10.11. Remove it (eg. repatch DSDT without it).
I'm pretty sure my DSTD is only there for multiplexing. I don't think I made it. I got the same issue without the DSDT, from memory

Rename EHC1 -> EH01, EHC2 -> EH02. XHC was likely not XHC1 in your original. Keep XHC.

This part I don't understand to be honest

Go back to original DSDT. Your XHCI controller will likely be XHC (as is typical of non-Apple DSDT).

I'm not sure if this is what you mean
"Intel xHCI Controller", "model",
"Intel 7 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI Host Controller",
"device_type",
"USB Controller",

You can rename EHC1->EH01, EHC2->EH02 with config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. See example in BRIX repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/Gigabyte-BRIX-s-DSDT-Patch

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. I'm not sure where that is, I have EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? Also I'm not sure where that example is.

Thankyou for the help, I appreciate it. Sorry I'm having trouble understanding it.

I just had another read of the thread on insanely, this part looks simple.

In this method, you will enable port restriction and add your ports.
To enable port restrictions:
- For USB 2.0, rename your USB to EHC1/EHC2 or change IONameMatch.
- For USB 3.0, rename your USB to XHC1 or change IONameMatch.

Then, you have to identify which ports you have in your DSDT. For example, my XHC1 has ports at 1, 2, 3, 4:

jKXRuTe.png

However, the SMBIOS MacBookPro9,2 I'm using only contains ports 1, 2, 5, 6 (note that port name is not important):

5yVfpJK.png

So I had to add ports 3 4, and the ports work again!

Hptjqdk.png

Please note that there is still a limitation of 15 ports (discovered by VCH888). For example: If your DSDT defined 14 USB 2.0 ports HS01->HS14 and 6 USB 3.0 ports SS01->SS06, OS X will only recognize HS01->HS14 and SS01.

To fix this problem, you have to identify which ports are real and which ports are unavailable, then add only valid ports. You can find example here: http://www.insanelym...1/#entry2147401

I'm not sure if this is what you mean

Referring to names in DSDT for the various USB controllers.

Typical Mac: EHC1/EHC2/XHC1
Typical PC: EHC1/EHC2/XHC

The port injectors build into the system match on these names and the Mac model (SMBIOS).

The idea is to make sure no built-in port injectors match, as the USB topology of some arbitrary Mac is not likely to match that of your computer.

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Patches. I'm not sure where that is, I have EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched? Also I'm not sure where that example is.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#DSDT-/-Patches

And then look at the BRIX config.plist as an example.

Referring to names in DSDT for the various USB controllers.

Typical Mac: EHC1/EHC2/XHC1
Typical PC: EHC1/EHC2/XHC

The port injectors build into the system match on these names and the Mac model (SMBIOS).

The idea is to make sure no built-in port injectors match, as the USB topology of some arbitrary Mac is not likely to match that of your computer.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#DSDT-/-Patches

And then look at the BRIX config.plist as an example.

I must be so darn stupid. I just don't understand what you mean. :(

I must be so darn stupid. I just don't understand what you mean. :(

Running with native DSDT, look in ioreg to see the names of your USB controllers. Typical EHC1, EHC2 for the two USB2 controllers and XHC for the USB3 controller.

These names come from your DSDT.

Exercise for reader: Look in your DSDT to see where these are defined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back