Contribute
Register

[Solved] Asus P8Z77 High Sierra - everything works except ethernet

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem to be in slightly different boats. At least on my end the kext is properly loading and the device is recognized in the system, although for all intents and purposes, the ethernet is a dud. This is what I'm seeing for Networking and System Report.

View media item 189506
For anyone reading, wifi is still hit and miss. Basically, it seems as though something is mucking up my network functioning. At times where Airport is locked up I will connect to wifi with my iPhone and it loads without issue. e.g., It seems to be something with the High Sierra upgrade.

hpibrahim, can you see any prior OS releases under "Purchased" in the app store? For whatever reason, I don't see an entry for Sierra on my end, although all prior downloads up through El Capitan are visible and I can re-download them if needed.

Attach Problem Reporting Files.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and attach the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes.

I have a z77-m pro motherboard and I use Realtek RTL8111/8168 kext . In the first time I booted my High Sierra setup I don't had ethernet connection but now I have.

Hey ! I have a similar motherboard (P8H67-m pro) : series 6... 100% working on Sierra with modified bios and clover boot (no dsdt...). I use core i5 3570k so HD4000 graphics...

High sierra is working (it was a pain to make it !) but the boot is really long : 1-2 minute (on Samsung SSD with new AFPS format)
I don't know what to do... (think it's graphic related but not sure as AppleIntelFrameCapri.kext is now modified as in sierra)

Hello..!!
My English is not very good, I hope your understanding .. !!

-I have been using Custom OSX version Leopard 10.5 going through each of its later versions, on this type of Motherboard "P8Z77-V" (currently) -And if it serves you anything the KEXT-Driver that has been running for "High Sierra 10.13 "is AppleIntelE1000e.kext that you will find it in Multibeas

Hey hpibrahim, i have the exact same configuration (except from GPU) Could you tell wich guide you use. And please if you want to be specific with the steps, feel free so:).

Hi @hpibrahim ! I have been trying to update to High Sierra with almost the same configuration as yours but I'm stuck on a black screen.
Could you please provide/upload the CLOVER EFI configuration & kext you used to make it work?

Thank you so much!!
Vincent

Hey guys! First post here even though I've been creeping around for a while learning and experimenting. I just got High Sierra working and I'm absolutely over the moon. I do have one problem, which is why I'm posting here: my ethernet isn't working. I'm attaching and image to show you what I mean.

I have tried everything I can possibly find - has anyone seen this?

Board: Asus P8Z77-V
Processor: i7 3770K

Not sure what other information anyone needs. Everything is working except internet! And once that's working I'm sure iMessage and such will be easy enough to fix - I've fixed them on previous OS when I've had issues.

I apologize in advance if I'm posting in the wrong spot - any help is greatly appreciated!

What guide did you follow to get High Sierra installed? I tried a straight upgrade from MAS (which has worked upgrading from El Capitan to Sierra) and it bricked my system. I had to buy a new SSD, reinstall Sierra and recover from a TimeMachine backup. (Thank the spagooters for backups! xD)

I also have a 3rd gen CPU (i5 3570K) with a Z77 board (P8Z77-V LX), which is similar to yours. Can't seem to get High Sierra installed.

Hey all sorry for the delays - I will try to get my files posted if I can tonight, but I just used the guide here on this page.

Hey all sorry for the delays - I will try to get my files posted if I can tonight, but I just used the guide here on this page.
I've used this guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

and this guide, both with success:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/

Sometimes you just have to keep running multibeast until it takes, in my experience. I will try to dig up the actual plist config I used - I didn't use any custom KEXT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back