Graphics
GTX 1070
Hey guys,

I'm trying to install High Sierra on the following components

- Asus Maximus Hero XI
- i9-9900k
- 32GB Ram
- Nvidia 1070

I used the bios settings from storks Hero Build II.
I created the installer with Unibeast. I managed to boot the installer but it gets stuck on "2 mins remaining". The mouse gets stuck too, so I can't check the installer log. After a reboot using clover to continue the installation it gets stuck on 16 mins remaining.
I suspect it has to do with the APFS conversion, but trying to use @RehabMan 's method of using Terminal with the --converttoapfs NO option results in an error.

What to do?

The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for or your latest system. Since they are viewable under you avatar they need to kept as small as possible.

Update your profile with your current build, following this link will redirect you to your profile. When asking questions on a build and you are currently working on. Update your profile before asking the question.

Curious/\/\ac

Ok cool, profile is updated. Any idea what I could try to install?

Turned out to be two faulty unibeast sticks. third one finally worked and installed everything

Could you edit the thread title to "[Solved] Asus Maximus Hero XI & i9-9900k install troubles".

Curious/\/\ac

Hi, mrchrister!
I have the same problem you had. What do you mean by “faulty Unibeast sticks”? How did you get the third to work?
I spent several hours trying before finding your thread.
Thank you for any help.

Hey guys,

I'm trying to install High Sierra on the following components

- Asus Maximus Hero XI
- i9-9900k
- 32GB Ram
- Nvidia 1070

I used the bios settings from storks Hero Build II.
I created the installer with Unibeast. I managed to boot the installer but it gets stuck on "2 mins remaining". The mouse gets stuck too, so I can't check the installer log. After a reboot using clover to continue the installation it gets stuck on 16 mins remaining.
I suspect it has to do with the APFS conversion, but trying to use @RehabMan 's method of using Terminal with the --converttoapfs NO option results in an error.

What to do?
can you please upload ur efi folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back