Motherboard
ASUS K550VX
CPU
i5 6300HQ
Graphics
HD 530, GTX 950M
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys. I have this laptop, ASUS K550VX with Intel Core i5 6300HQ Skylake with integrated Intel HD 530 graphics, nVidia GTX 950M 2GB, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200rpm HDD. I want to install El Capitan 10.11.6 on it. I followed the Installation Guide using Unibeast. When I'm booting from USB, the system freezes at different points depending on what kernel flags do I use. What do you guys recommend?

Hello guys. I have this laptop, ASUS K550VX with Intel Core i5 6300HQ Skylake with integrated Intel HD 530 graphics, nVidia GTX 950M 2GB, 4GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB 7200rpm HDD. I want to install El Capitan 10.11.6 on it. I followed the Installation Guide using Unibeast. When I'm booting from USB, the system freezes at different points depending on what kernel flags do I use. What do you guys recommend?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Thank you Rehabman! Following your guide I now have installed El Capitan successfully on my laptop! Thanks again.

Marked solved.

Hi bro.
Can u make a easy easy fast guide how to install on this laptop ?? Thanks

Hi bro.
Can u make a easy easy fast guide how to install on this laptop ?? Thanks
Just click the link that rehabman linked in the second post. READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY.

Just click the link that rehabman linked in the second post. READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY.
Ok sure bro! Thanks!
Just a question for the start.
How are u feeling with this pc? Cause i need to buy due to my desktop one i have to replace.
I need very performant laptop and good screen for photo video editing (so managing colors)
What do u think about ur one :)?

Ok sure bro! Thanks!
Just a question for the start.
How are u feeling with this pc? Cause i need to buy due to my desktop one i have to replace.
I need very performant laptop and good screen for photo video editing (so managing colors)
What do u think about ur one :)?
The Model that I have is ASUS X550VX-XX015D, as you may know there are different configurations on the market. The model that I have, has a maximum 1366 x 768 resolution, the screen is glossy is not matte, the refresh rate is 60Hz, so nothing spectacular. Stock the laptop has 4GB of DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, I installed another RAM stick of 8GB. The laptop is very good in performance I get 60FPS on GTA V with settings on High/Very High at 1366x768, but the screen is not that great considering the resolution.

The Model that I have is ASUS X550VX-XX015D, as you may know there are different configurations on the market. The model that I have, has a maximum 1366 x 768 resolution, the screen is glossy is not matte, and I think for photo video editing you'll net a matte display and the refresh rate is 60Hz, so nothing spectacular. Stock the laptop has 4GB of DDR4 2133 Mhz RAM, I installed another RAM stick of 8GB. The laptop is very good in performance I get 60FPS on GTA V with settings on High/Very High at 1366x768, but the screen is not that great for what you need.
Okay Thanks for the info bro! It help!
Anyway i knew that Nvidia Will not work but only the Intel One. Can u confirm that?

Yes, on macOS only the integrated Intel video chipset works. I have installed Sierra on my laptop but I don't have the time right know to make it work 100%. It will take you a lot of time and it's easy to get frustrated. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back