Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Prime H370-Plus
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
It's my first time building a hackintosh. Going through this guide.

step 1: download high sierra ✅
step 2: create a bootable usb drive (uefi boot mode) ✅
step 3: bios settings (disable secure boot, other settings were as in the tutorial) ✅
step 4: install macos high sierra

I've inserted usb drive into usb 2.0 port (top port near ps/2 on my motherboard). But after loader under apple logo passes half, I got the stop sign logo.
With verbose mode, I got "Still waiting for root device" error.

Where did I miss something?

"Still waiting for root device".
When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive.
This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port.
If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Repeat until you have tried all USB ports.
Use a USB2 flash drive.
If it still doesn't work you could try another flash drive.
You might also try enabling Legacy on your USB3 ports in your BIOS settings.
Try connecting your USB flash drive using a USB2 hub.
Ensure that Fast Boot is not enabled in your BIOS settings.
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.
May require XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ .
May need PMHeart’s patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit in config.plist.
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 requires a new USB Port Limit patch.
The problem may also occur when your USB controllers are unsupported, if this is the case you should add the appropriate kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ or try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Thank you for the fast response!
I've added USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and now it works!

Also after the first reboot, it took me to update bios date to current to install macos from the hard drive.

I haven't ran multibeast yet but between updating bios away from f1 and adding the 2 kexts it looks like I will finally succeed.

Thank you for the fast response!
I've added USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-300-series-injector.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ and now it works!

Also after the first reboot, it took me to update bios date to current to install macos from the hard drive.

This worked for me as well!!

Notice that the original kext XHCI-300-series-injector.kext recommended by P1LGRIM has been renamed to XHCI-unsupported.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back