Contribute
Register

[Solved]ASUS H370-i I7-8700 Mojave 10.14.1 UHD630 driving need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

osd

Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX H370-I GAMING
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have asus H370-i ITX board to install Mojave 10.14.1, only use its IGPU UHD630. But I can only access to desktop by using "inject Intel" with ig-platform-id:0x12345678 in Clover. The Graphic card showed in Apple system is "intel Graphics UHD630 7M".

I have tried to inject many other ig-platform id like 3E920000, 3E9B00007..... but all blank screen.

I also tried to use newest rev. Intel PB-Patcher to patch config.plist, using 3E920003,3E9B0007 and other ID. but all blank screen.

The Mainboard has one DP, one HDMI, and one USB type-C may also can output display. I guess the issue may caused by the video ouput connectors configuration.

Does anyone have the experience on driving UHD630 on this board? Can someone help me? Thanks very much!

zero reply?

my I7-8700 got same problem, either 7MB or black screen....

Have you tried using WhateverGreen + Lilu kext? If not then, place both these files in the Other folder, uncheck “Inject Intel”, and remove all other graphics patches you have applied in your config file. Also, make sure that “Detect kexts=Yes” has been set in the config file. See if this works.

Have you tried using WhateverGreen + Lilu kext? If not then, place both these files in the Other folder, uncheck “Inject Intel”, and remove all other graphics patches you have applied in your config file. Also, make sure that “Detect kexts=Yes” has been set in the config file. See if this works.

I've followed the instruction https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/, compiled Lilu and WhateverGreen, did all I can do.

But I have difficulty to do the "Framebuffer Dumps". I put -igfxdump in the clover boot flag and using debug version of Lilu+WhateverGreen, but I can't get the dump file.

What happens if you just use precompiled kexts found on their respective website? For the most part, Whatevergreen should be able to detect your iGPU and apply appropriate settings without you having to make any changes in the config file.

Yes, I have tried newest rev. WhateverGreen+Lilu Kext, but also get black screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back