i7 8700
Graphics
UHD630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone,

I'm currently building a hackintosh with the Asus Prime Z370 A and ASRock's Thunderbolt 3 AIC.

BIOS version 1002
OSX Sierra 10.13.5
Clover version 4458 (Latest version gets stuck at the plus signs every time)

The card works perfectly on Windows, on Mac it behaves very weirdly:

- Thunderbolt devices will be recognized on OSX if the system was previously booted in Windows

- OSX won't boot if it gets "cold booted", it will just get stuck at "Couldn't allocate runtime area"

- OSX WILL BOOT WITH WORKING THUNDERBOLT every time if I get into BIOS, hit "save changes and reset" (Even with no changes)

- OSX WILL BOOT WITH WORKING THUNDERBOLT if I boot from USB Installer Bootloader

I will keep updating you as I experiment and try to get this working properly, If anyone has suggestions they would be really appreciated!

UPDATE 13/07/2018:

The problem seems to be the memory below 4GB is too fragmented to allocate the memory needed.

I tried all versions of AptioFix to no avail, also tried with LowMemFix, Fix2Drv-Free2000.efi and Test2.efi

These are the outputs from various combinations:

• LOWMEMFIX + CLEAR CMOS: Failed to allocate 0x11eca pages at 0x##### - NEVER BOOTS

• FREE2000.EFI + CLEAR CMOS: Failed to allocate 0x11ecb pages at 0x##### / BOOTS MOST OFTEN

• TEST2.EFI + APTIOFIX1 + CLEAR CMOS: MEMORY EXCEEDS OUR ALLOCATED RELOCATION BLOCK (even if the size of the reallocation block seems like it should be large enough)

• TEST2.EFI + APTIOFIX2 + CLEAR CMOS: SOMETIMES BOOTS

• TEST2.EFI + APTIOFIX3 + CLEAR CMOS: REBOOTS TO CLOVER / ERROR ALLOCATING 0x11ece AT 0x#####

• TEST2.EFI + CLEAR CMOS: REBOOTS TO CLOVER / ERROR ALLOCATING 0x11ece AT 0x####
Every time the OS boots the Thunderbolt card works perfectly. Is there any way to override the 4GB limit?

Last edited:
UPDATE

Last edited:
Hi did you try changing the drivers from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 to OsxAptioFixDrv-64 ?

Hi did you try changing the drivers from OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 to OsxAptioFixDrv-64 ?

In the end I solved it with AptioMemoryFix!

Cool, yeah that seems to be a common problem with that card but with a easy fix, mine is working perfectly too, the only thing left for me to fix is imessage.

I need help, did you get the card working??
Mine is working fine in Windows but i can get it to work on macOS 10.13.6
I tried several things that i fond here on tonymac but for a reason i can only get it to work with usb tools... or maybe it is a Antelope Audio thing...
The other Thunderbolt device that i own is my macbook pro 2011 and can not add this as a thunderbolt harddisk too...

I need help, did you get the card working??
Mine is working fine in Windows but i can get it to work on macOS 10.13.6
I tried several things that i fond here on tonymac but for a reason i can only get it to work with usb tools... or maybe it is a Antelope Audio thing...
The other Thunderbolt device that i own is my macbook pro 2011 and can not add this as a thunderbolt harddisk too...
Hey ajschot I have a similar ASrRock build to yours.I have managed to get everything working with AsRock AIC Thunderbolt 3 card but I need to boot into Windows first then restart into OSX 10.13.6 without powering down.Perhaps my bios settings & Clover.plist will help you if you haven't solved your issue as yet.Im running TB3- Universal Audio Apollo / OWC Helios with UAD 2 Card / OWC Thunderbay 4 /Apogee Symphony Via Thunderbridge with no issues.So happy with this build and the performance is incredible.Just need to solve this Windows then OS X boot issue.

I have an Asrock Taichi Z370. The Thunderbolt card has to be installed in PCIE slot 5. I boot with OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
I have the top of usable lower Dram set to 1gb in the bios. My Thunderbolt card seems to work normally. The Thunderbolt Display camera, Ethernet, and Firewire all work via the thunderbolt connection. I don't have an external thunderbolt device to test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back