Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D3H rev1.1
CPU
i5 2500K
Graphics
2x HD 6870
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hy everyone.Today,after cloning my working MacOS 10.6.7 install,i updated to 10.6.8.After small video issues,it's all working now!At least,this is how it seems...
I opened AppStore to see if any changes are visible...all looked the same,but when i tried to install a free app,i was not able to login anymore :x It gives me an error saying GUID not available!Please contact "...."
Anyone else noticed this? :think: :think: :think:

Re: AppSore Blocked on 10.6.8

Already solved this! :) I will post here,just in case...
1.I deleted my network service in System Preferances/Network hiting the (-)
2.Added this in com.Apple.Boot.plist:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
3.Restart
4.Once booted up again,go in System Preferences/Network and click the (+)sign to add a new service.
what was different this time was it added "Ethernet" as "Ethernet" where before it was adding it at "Ethernet Device (en0)".So i knew something had changed... sure enough, i run app store and BOOM! connected and able to download and purchase software.
All credits go to :headbang: zurie@insanelymac,that was the solution for Lion Developer Preview,where this problem appeared too...
The original post is http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=254476
The error was this:
index.php

So i can confirm a fully working 10.6.8 install on Asus P5QPL-AM,Intel Pentium Q6600,ATI HD 4850 512 MB GDDR3 Dual DVI(both working).Restart and sleep working as native! tonymacx86 thanx again! :headbang:

I was able to solve the login issue by just repairing disk permissions. Might be a different prob, but that's what worked for me.

Mark.

alex_tzardea said:
eelhead said:
Also posted here in the apps section :D
viewtopic.php?f=157&t=23153

:D I won the race,mine is 26 Jun,you're 27 Jun :D
Seems I was adding another link and not comparing who found what faster.
I picked it up from Apple support the day of 10.6.8 because it was an issue back in January
So here they won https://discussions.apple.com/thread/27 ... 0&tstart=0
enjoy.
Also trying to give support onsite instead of going off to other sites for issues.

where do I find the com.Apple.Boot.plist?

Main Partition, /Extra folder. Now it's called org.chameleon.boot.plist ,it's the same thing

This is not working for me, I edit the plist file but after restart when I re add the ethernet it still says en0, and it will not connect to AppleStore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back