Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi!
Hard to find a short title to be clear but here we are. ;)
I'm sure many of us have met this issue, trying to replace a working Chimera with Clover:
- When launching Apple Mail, it will ask for all your accounts passwords.
- Chromium too thinks it's on a different computer and makes all your extensions and settings disappear — for security reasons, I bet.

Actually, if you don't change anything, force quit Apple Mail and Chromium then reboot through Chimera, everything works as before!
So what are the settings to make the OS and those apps think they're on the same computer?

I've tried booting with Chimera, then in Clover Configurator set System Parameters / Custom UUID to "Get it from system" and set SMBIOS / System Serial Number to the one in Chimera's smbios.plist under SMserial, SmUUID to the one found in IORegistryExplorer but that's not enough — of course, iMac models are the same.
No way.
Might be Bios Version, or else?
I'm wondering if it's the abundance of details in Clover, instead?
Any idea?

Boot from Chimera and run iMessageDebugv2.
Edit your Clover config.plist SMBIOS to match the details reported by iMessageDebugv2.
Boot from Clover, run iMessageDebugv2 and confirm that the output matches the one generated in the Chimera boot.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot! That helped much!
One good thing to know is that Clover Configurator is mistaking when you click "Get it from system", it picks Hardware UUID instead of System-ID! :thumbdown
It finally worked manually changing that and putting the Hardware UUID in SmUUID instead.
I also had to delete the Board Serial Number value as there is none in iMessage Debug via Chimera.
Wonderful! :clap:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back