Contribute
Register

[solved] AppleIntelController.cpp causes a panic on OSX shutdown (Intel HD5500)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi guys,

I tried to do a fresh install of Sierra. My BIOS is locked so I can't change the DVMT-prealloc value with the EFI shell. I got my Intel HD5500 to work by setting a ig-platform-id value in Clover with inject Intel option enabled, and applying some kext patches as instructed in other posts. I finally got the graphic card working with video accelerated.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 4.18.17 PM.png

But once I do a clean shutdown and start up my laptop again, I always get this "Your computer was restarted because of a problem." error message.

Screen Shot 2016-10-31 at 3.12.45 PM.png

It is only annoying but I feel something is not right and I'm just not sure what I did wrong.

I have attached diagnostic information as per Rehabman's requirement (IOReg output, Clover folder, kextcache and kextstat output).

Any advice would be appreciated to get me through this.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 140
  • TerminalOutput.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 108
  • TrueBook.ioreg.zip
    690 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Hi guys,

I tried to do a fresh install of Sierra. My BIOS is locked so I can't change the DVMT-prealloc value with the EFI shell. I got my Intel HD5500 to work by setting a ig-platform-id value in Clover with inject Intel option enabled, and applying some kext patches as instructed in other posts. I finally got the graphic card working with video accelerated.

View attachment 218232

But once I do a clean shutdown and start up my laptop again, I always get this "Your computer was restarted because of a problem." error message.

View attachment 218233

It is only annoying but I feel something is not right and I'm just not sure what I did wrong.

I have attached diagnostic information as per Rehabman's requirement (IOReg output, Clover folder, kextcache and kextstat output).

Any advice would be appreciated to get me through this.

Thank you in advance.

If the reported 'uptime' is not changing, then you have an NVRAM problem.

Make sure the NVRAM setup is configured correctly (if using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget "RC scripts").

If the reported 'uptime' is not changing, then you have an NVRAM problem.

Make sure the NVRAM setup is configured correctly (if using EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, don't forget "RC scripts").

I'm not sure how to view the 'uptime', except using the uptime command which I don't find anything strange.

Code:
Last login: Wed Nov  2 09:24:31 on ttys001

user@TrueBook:~$ uptime

9:25  up 3 mins, 2 users, load averages: 5.72 6.19 3.04

However, I did forget to install RC scripts at the first place. So I went back to Clover package and 'install RC scripts on the target volume'. After the re-installation of Clover along with RC scripts, I did multiple times of clean restarts and the result is still the same. The kernel panic popup still shows after each restart.

I'm not sure how to view the 'uptime', except using the uptime command which I don't find anything strange.

It is in the panic report itself.

It is in the panic report itself.

I just noticed that it is the same error message with the same uptime every time!
But I have already had the RC scripts installed.

Screen Shot 2016-11-03 at 08.58.37.png

So I managed to check my nvram.plist and found the key 'aapl,panic-info' exists. I rebooted into OS X Recovery (using the recovery partition), and manually delete the entry from nvram.plist using the Terminal utility and vi. After that, I rebooted into my OS X normally and bang! No more problem reporting dialog.

Thank you very much for your help, Rehabman!

[SOLVED]

Last edited:
Which text editor use in Recovery mode to edit this file instead of Vi? Its too lowlevel.

And where is this file located on Sierra?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back