Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ThinkPad x230
CPU
i5-3230m
Graphics
HD 4000
Hi all,

I've been trying to get a better brightness control on my x230, particularly extending the range of brightness so the minimum level of brightness can be used in a dimmed light situation (as on windows), but so far I seemed can't get AppleBacklightInjector working on my x230.

There is a working brightness control that is able to control the brightness level through the slider in System Prefs/Displays and the hotkeys on the keyboard. The issue is that the minimum level isn't dark enough to be used in a dimmed light situation.

I've been trying to get this working for a while, but whenever I put AppleBacklightInjector.kext in either /kexts/others or /L/E and rebuild the cache, the brightness control stops working and no slider showing up in System Prefs/Displays. The existence of 'SSDT-PNLF.aml' and 'AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch' do not change the functionality of the preexistent backlight control (with a limited range of brightness on the low side).

My question is how to get a full range control of the brightness level, either with AppleBacklightInjector or any other approaches? My debug report is attached. Thanks.

Attachments

• debug_9184.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 216
Did you solved it ?
Same problem for me also..

Use clover EDID injector product I'd to 0×9c7c + only dsdt_pnlf patch with out any kext modification , reboot
Now we can adjust brightness more dimmer , but upper level brightness limited
Let's
With dsdt pnlf patch only 30% to 100% levels
With dsdt patch edid injector 0% to 60%

I don't know how to mix those

Hi all,

I've been trying to get a better brightness control on my x230, particularly extending the range of brightness so the minimum level of brightness can be used in a dimmed light situation (as on windows), but so far I seemed can't get AppleBacklightInjector working on my x230.

There is a working brightness control that is able to control the brightness level through the slider in System Prefs/Displays and the hotkeys on the keyboard. The issue is that the minimum level isn't dark enough to be used in a dimmed light situation.

I've been trying to get this working for a while, but whenever I put AppleBacklightInjector.kext in either /kexts/others or /L/E and rebuild the cache, the brightness control stops working and no slider showing up in System Prefs/Displays. The existence of 'SSDT-PNLF.aml' and 'AppleBacklight patch in config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch' do not change the functionality of the preexistent backlight control (with a limited range of brightness on the low side).

My question is how to get a full range control of the brightness level, either with AppleBacklightInjector or any other approaches? My debug report is attached. Thanks.

AppleBacklightInjector.kext is deprecated, replaced by AppleBacklightFixup.kext.
Refer to the guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ontrol-using-applebacklightfixup-kext.218222/

:thumbup:Thanks, it works now, it has dependency error on lilu.kext , I missed that , it's not mentioned in that tutorial

:thumbup:Thanks, it works now, it has dependency error on lilu.kext , I missed that , it's not mentioned in that tutorial

Most people would already have Lilu.kext on account of common use of WhateverGreen.kext, AppleALC.kext, AirportBrcmFixup.kext, and BT4LEContiunityFixup.kext, but I will add a note in the guide.

@venkatnath3: thanks for trying this out. It's good to hear the issue has been solved. I'm still struggling with the backlit control on my x230. Would you mind to share your EFI with me? Thanks.

@RehabMan: Thanks for pointing out the guide to solve the issue. You're amazing!!

Last edited:
@venkatnath3: thanks for trying this out. It's good to hear the issue has been solved. I'm still struggling with the backlit control on my x230. Would you mind to share your EFI with me? Thanks.

@RehabMan: Thanks for pointing out the guide to solve the issue. You're amazing!!

Marked solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back