Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
On my Dell 9350 I have added the latest releases of AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to CLOVER/kext/Other for enabling audio. With these kexts present, my machine displays the apple logo and restarts instantly. I have CodecCommander install to /S/L/E. I read that I should use the flags -alcbeta and -lilubeta but that had no effect. Thanks for the help.

The machine reboots right after the text in the picture.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 149
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 941
On my Dell 9350 I have added the latest releases of AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext to CLOVER/kext/Other for enabling audio. With these kexts present, my machine displays the apple logo and restarts instantly. I have CodecCommander install to /S/L/E. I read that I should use the flags -alcbeta and -lilubeta but that had no effect. Thanks for the help.

Make sure your versions of Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext are meant for each other.
Lilu plugins are tightly coupled to the Lilu.kext they were built for, so you have to insure they are up-to-date and in sync with each other.

have you tried:
Mirone's Audio Patcher
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/496-applehda-patcher/

No idea. You should read the documentation for AppleALC.kext.
I always build the latest directly from sources.

No way to run Lilu.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and related plugins like e.g. AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 on my Skylake-X/X299 System -> KP towards the end of the boot process resulting in a boot loop like behaviour...

I still have to work with Lilu.kext v1.1.7, AppleALC.kext v1.1.4 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.1.3, which work fine...

No problems though with Lilu.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and related plugins like e.g. AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 on my Broadwell-E/X99 System.

No way to run Lilu.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and related plugins like e.g. AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 on my Skylake-X/X299 System -> KP towards the end of the boot process resulting in a boot loop like behaviour...

I still have to work with Lilu.kext v1.1.7, AppleALC.kext v1.1.4 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.1.3, which work fine...

No problems though with Lilu.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and related plugins like e.g. AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 or v1.2.1 on my Broadwell-E/X99 System.

Make sure you're installing them correctly.
Install to /L/E.
May need LiluFriend (must be customized to your set of Lilu plugin kexts).

Make sure you're installing them correctly.
Install to /L/E.
May need LiluFriend (must be customized to your set of Lilu plugin kexts).

But Lilu.kext v1.1.7, AppleALC.kext v1.1.4 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.1.3 just work fine in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/..

Are you sure that I really need to install the actual v1.2.0 kexts in /L/E ?

To me the 1.2.0 Lilu and Plugin distribution yet appears just quite buggy...

Last edited:
But Lilu.kext v1.1.7, AppleALC.kext v1.1.4 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.1.3 just work fine in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/..

Are you sure that I really need to install the actual v1.2.0 kexts in /L/E ?

To me the 1.2.0 Lilu and Plugin distribution yet appears just quite buggy...

I prefer to install all kexts to the system volume (/L/E). That way get the error checking provided by kextcache.
Use LiluFriend if necessary.

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back