Contribute
Register

[solved] AppleALC + Lilu = Bootloop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I prefer to install all kexts to the system volume (/L/E). That way get the error checking provided by kextcache.
Use LiluFriend if necessary.

o.k. the reason for the KPs with Lilu.kext v1.2.0, AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 is a borked kextcache.

After performing

Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

the system boots fine until the kextcache gets borked again... How to find the reason for the borked kextcache?

By the way, as long the kextcache is borked, one can boot the system still successfully without KGP with Lilu.kext v1.2.0, AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 by using the boot flag:

Code:
 -lilulowmem

o.k. the reason for the KPs with Lilu.kext v1.2.0, AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 is a borked kextcache.

After performing

Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

the system boots fine until the kextcache gets borked again... How to find the reason for the borked kextcache?

By the way, as long the kextcache is borked, one can boot the system still successfully without KGP with Lilu.kext v1.2.0, AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 by using the boot flag:

Code:
 -lilulowmem

Where did you install Lilu and plugins? If installed to the system volume, best to install to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
And you may need to use LiluFriend.kext.

I thought I'd add I get the KP loop with Lilu.kext v1.2.0, AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/.
Rebuilding my kextcaches didn't help. Removing AppleALC helped.
I tried LiluFriend and /L/E/, and had the same KP.

I built AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext from github and seem OK for now.

I thought I'd add I get the KP loop with Lilu.kext v1.2.0, AppleALC.kext v1.2.0 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.0 in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/.
Rebuilding my kextcaches didn't help. Removing AppleALC helped.
I tried LiluFriend and /L/E/, and had the same KP.

I built AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext from github and seem OK for now.

Keep in mind LiluFriend.kext must be customized for your specific scenario.
I always build all Lilu and plugins from current source to be certain they are in sync.

Where did you install Lilu and plugins? If installed to the system volume, best to install to /L/E, not /S/L/E.
And you may need to use LiluFriend.kext.

I still use them in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Others/ but I will try to follow your advice and report back as soon as possible. Thanks for your feedback, man!

Keep in mind LiluFriend.kext must be customized for your specific scenario.
I always build all Lilu and plugins from current source to be certain they are in sync.

Well, also with adopted Lilufriend.kext v1.0, Lilu.kext v1.2.1, AppleALC.kext v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.1 in /L/E/, the KP issue with AppleALC remained. The only way to successfully boot the system was boot flag "-lilulowmem"

The Lilu.kext v1.2.1 source has just been modified 17 hours ago and now Lilu 1.2.1 behaves similar to 1.1.x.

All issues solved! The combination of Lilu.kext v1.2.1, AppleALC.kext v1.2.1 and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext v1.2.1 now works flawless even if installed in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/.

For details see https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/issues/30.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back