Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Apple USB Superdrive used to work, not anymore after fresh Sierra re-install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-GAMING 5
CPU
Core i5-6500
Graphics
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
SOLVED!!!! All I had to do was Google it....:lol::oops::crazy:

This past week I've been struggling with build re-installs on my Hackintosh. Now that I have a functional system again, I'm trying to use an Apple USB Superdrive and I keep getting the infamous "USB Accessory Needs Power" message.

Previously, that same Superdrive was working like a charm: I even ripped a few songs from a music CD while connected to the hackintosh. I tested the drive on my old Apple Mac Pro and it works, so I know it's not at fault. I'm also using an external USB disk drive (pulled from a dead MacBook) on the hackintosh and it too, works perfectly.

The only difference between this week's build and last's is that last week I updated the Clover boot-loader from Multibeast to the latest version using the installer package from Clover's website. This week, however, I just left Clover as is.

I've been searching around the forum and I found this thread. Could the USBInjectAll patch mentioned there fix this problem?
Something else? I'm all eyes/ears.

Thanks in advance.

PotatoGamer

Last edited:
Well, duh! The answer was before my eyes all along. And, even I've done it before. I forgot all about it. :oops:

All that had to be done was:

Navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/ directory

open the com.apple.Boot.plist file in a text editor or in terminal use nano you will see a key
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>

under it add the following line

Code:
<string>mbasd=1</string>

reboot your Mac. Voila!! :)

Found it here.

Finally I can rip my CD collection and watch DVD movies again.:headbang:
(Though it's a temporary solution, til I install a BD reader/burner.)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 7.56.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 7.56.48 PM.png
    188.5 KB · Views: 596
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back