HD3000, 1600x900(HD+)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone!
I installed on my pc OSx Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (I had install lion, but with my components, Snow Leopard seems more stable) , thanks to your wonderful guidance, for which I will never stop to thank you.
Everything works perfectly, both audio and video.
I only have one problem. not having a network card, I connected the computer to the Internet thanks to the 'hotspot iPhone.
network is in Preferences-iPhone as USB.
What is the problem, when I try to login in the app store says "I can not verify the device or computer. Contact Support for assistance."
I have tried many "solutions" found in the internet but nothing.
I heard that the problem may be that Ethernet should be on en0, (although I do not connect to ethernet so it should not change anything).
I tried deleting "networkinterfaces.plist", rebooted and added the device. but still nothing.
I add EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in com.apple.boot.plist but nothing.
and i try to boot with PCIRootUID=1 but nothing again.
What do you advise me to do? you have any ideas?
Oh I forgot, if I log in from appstore on iphone I have no problem and even iTunes. only from the AppStore on the Mac and if I think even with mobile me.

Help!

Thanks in advance!

Re: App store problem!!!

dxmorgan said:
Hello everyone!
I installed on my pc OSx Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (I had install lion, but with my components, Snow Leopard seems more stable) , thanks to your wonderful guidance, for which I will never stop to thank you.
Everything works perfectly, both audio and video.
I only have one problem. not having a network card, I connected the computer to the Internet thanks to the 'hotspot iPhone.
What is the problem, when I try to login in the app store says "I can not verify the device or computer. Contact Support for assistance."
I have tried many "solutions" found in the internet but nothing.
I heard that the problem may be that Ethernet should be on en0, (although I do not connect to ethernet so it should not change anything).
I tried deleting "networkinterfaces.plist", rebooted and added the device. but still nothing.
I add EthernetBuiltIn=Yes in com.apple.boot.plist but nothing.
and i try to boot with PCIRootUID=1 but nothing again.
What do you advise me to do? you have any ideas?
Oh I forgot, if I log in from appstore on iphone I have no problem and even iTunes. only from the AppStore on the Mac and if I think even with mobile me.

Help!

Thanks in advance!

just a passing comment,there was a post on usb/app store in last couple of weeks on here im sure..try search function to look...cant help otherwise :thumbup:

thanks for your reply.
I'm so sorry but i can't find it?
can you help me?

dxmorgan said:
thanks for your reply.
I'm so sorry but i can't find it?
can you help me?

man it was last week or roughly ten days ago,i will try and find it just hang in there ;
somebody may help you, before i find it coz there is literally 1000s posts and from memory it wasnt a post i paid to much attention to but had passing interest:if your getting no luck with an answer for your connection probs ...pm me and i will return. :thumbup:

Sorry man my mistake :!: not here was looking at iphone stuff in google:
If you copy +paste your words in the lines below into googlesearch that are from your post you will find the answers you need..
........................................................................................................................
I connected the computer to the Internet thanks to the 'hotspot iPhone.
.......................................................................................................................
So if you do that you will have all the proper setup instructions etc to get everything going and you also may need to set your system back to how it was?? with my 1 minute search on google i found tons of stuff.i am unable to help with that obviously ,you know your iphone details and what you have done previous to try the connection:just from a quick speed read on two sites they are talking a lot about dropouts,configurations,and usb remove/install failure to recognise...go for it and good luck ,hope it works this time for you.
I will add before i go that what your trying to do isnt really a stable way of having an internet connection.you will be forever having dropout problems at high usage times,let alone lost downloads etc....unless where you live is in the most perfect spot for doing that...cheers ;) :thumbup:

(SOLVED) App store problem!!!

First off, this is my first Hackintosh build and I have very little to no knowledge working with macs, much less editing DSDT's or plists. :oops: I built the Hack Pro around the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P using a guide found here:
http://lifehacker.com/5360150/install-snow-leopard-on-your-hackintosh-pc-no-hacking-required.
Follow the guide to the letter (including the last two tweaks).

Secondly, I installed literally all updates (including 10.6.8.). At this point (for me at least) I started trying the App store and of course... "Your computer cannot be verified, contact apple blah blah." So I installed the latest version of Multibeast (from tonymacs download page) and started with one update at a time. I also rebooted between every update. I installed from within Multibeast (in order): FakeSMC, Chimera, IOPCIFamilyFix, Lnx2Mac Ethernet kext package, PCIRootFix, System Definition (Mac Pro 3,1). At this point, you have a fully updated and functioning Hackintosh, without the app store. :banghead:

At this point, I had tried most of the common solutions available on the forums -Adding the PCI root fix entries to the plist manually, removing the networkinterfaces file along with removing+adding the ethernet adapter and renaming the connection (which is Apple's official fix), etc -nothing worked.

Finally, I installed the 64bit Apple boot screen option from Multibeast ***Note: There is a caveat for installing the 64bit Apple boot screen; Multibeast instructs us to install this file only if you have an edited DSDT. Not sure how to tell if I do/did. (I installed this because at this point I had made my peace with not having the app store.) Installed and rebooted, and I see the PCIRootFix error again in white text at Chimera. Reinstalled the PCIRootFix from Multibeast and rebooted. Booya, App store works now.:clap: I tested everything else in my system and everything is working perfectly fine. :headbang:

I don't possess the knowledge to explain why this works since I picked up this project about 2 weeks ago, but it does. I humbly ask the community to provide testing and/or analysis (in plain English please) if possible. I also understand the equipment I'm using is antiquated but perhaps this fix can be applied across several different hardware configs. Thanks to all the contributors from whom I've learned so much.

Edit: Once the App store was up and running, I upgraded to the latest version of Chimera to complete the build.

@dxmorgan.

What ethernet option did you select in multi beast?
Has ethernet ever worked at all?
In system profile snapshot, what does the system show..under ethernet cards in location (see attached picture)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-09-19 at 5.52.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-09-19 at 5.52.41 PM.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 565

@ijhu

I have no ethernet installed. If I click on "Hardware - ethernet cards" I find the words "the computer seems to have no PCI ethernet card installed."

However, I try to install the drivers from multibeast?
or is there a way to recognize the USB iPhone as a Ethernet?

@ quizicalNine

I can try to do all those steps but I think I need them only if i have an ethernet card installed.

Thanks for all replies!

bump!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back