Contribute
Register

Solved! Anyone have USB 3.0 working on their Gigabyte GA-Z170-X UD5 TH under Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (F22g)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
If so, I'd appreciate knowing what you had to do? So far I'm not having any success here with Sierra. USB 3.0 worked fine with El Capitan here. Thanks.

Yep i do.What fixes have you ran?

Hi In-N-Out,
USB 3 is not working for me since I went to Sierra, same MB... I tried the new USBinjectAll.kext too, but it didn't changed anything.
I made a direct update from El Cap to Sierra, I'm planning to try with a full install.

Hi Traj13, Well I'm using the full install of Sierra here and the problem remains. I'm still unable to get my 3.0 ports working. Interested to hear back from Totti with his procedure since he says he has it working with our motherboard.

wtgserpant, Thank You! That worked, finally! Yippee! :) Thanks goes to RehabMan!

Traj13, make sure to use the 100 series edit. I created the 12.1 folder placed RehabMan's kext in it as well as the other folder (see below).

Screen Shot 2016-10-08 at 4.10.13 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks guys! I will try this afternoon.

EDIT : I made something wrong, USB 3 not working.

I paste USBinjectAll in both 10.12 and Other folder, like in your screenshot.
Then I copy/paste the 100 series code in my config.plist :
Code:
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>change 15 port limit to 26 in XHCI kext (100-series) 10.12</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>g710////EA==</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleUSBXHCIPCI</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>g710////Gw==</data>
            </dict>

But no USB 3. In-N-Out, maybe you can help me?

Last edited:
Traj13, that is exactly what I did here. Are you sure you are putting it under KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch in config.plist, like this?

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 4.59.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back