Contribute
Register

[Solved] Any way to install Mac OS sierra with a ps2 keyboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-H110M-S2 (rev. 1.0)
CPU
Core i3 6100 @ 3.7GHz
Graphics
iGPU HD 530
Hey guys,
Sorry if I am posting this on wrong section, as I made the bootable USB of macOS sierra with unibeast but after rebooting PC at Mac OS installer my ps2 keyboard won't work, is there any way to make it work without buying a USB keyboard?

Please help me, thanks :)

@xPUNISHERx, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

There are adapters but they are unreliable--I have been through several and gave up.
You can get a low end USB keyboard for nearly the same price and save much aggravation.

There are adapters but they are unreliable--I have been through several and gave up.
You can get a low end USB keyboard for nearly the same price and save much aggravation.
I somehow managed to use PS2 keyboard and mouse (Same ps2) by adding https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller kext to EFI/Clover/Kext folder and it worked great :). After install of Hackintosh I just install those kext with kext wizard on first startup and yes it worked.

I somehow managed to use PS2 keyboard and mouse (Same ps2) by adding https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller kext to EFI/Clover/Kext folder and it worked great :). After install of Hackintosh I just install those kext with kext wizard on first startup and yes it worked.

But PS2 keyboard can not use in installation's process. Then finish install OS I can not use keyboard for install kext wizard tool, which use install kext. What can I do? tks

But PS2 keyboard can not use in installation's process. Then finish install OS I can not use keyboard for install kext wizard tool, which use install kext. What can I do? tks
When you make bootable usb you will notice a EFI folder on desktop of Mac. Just open it then go to Clover/Kext/Others and paste the latest version of kext there.

Then PS2 keyboard will work fine on installation :)

When you make bootable usb you will notice a EFI folder on desktop of Mac. Just open it then go to Clover/Kext/Others and paste the latest version of kext there.

Then PS2 keyboard will work fine on installation :)
So in order to get PS/2 working in the installer, all you have to do is drag over the kext file to the EFI partition of the USB, specifically "Clover > Kext > Others" and then place that kext file right there in that folder? Sorry, I haven't done something like this before and the last time I tried using a PS/2 patch, it broke my OS install so I just want to make sure I have the correct understanding.

So in order to get PS/2 working in the installer, all you have to do is drag over the kext file to the EFI partition of the USB, specifically "Clover > Kext > Others" and then place that kext file right there in that folder? Sorry, I haven't done something like this before and the last time I tried using a PS/2 patch, it broke my OS install so I just want to make sure I have the correct understanding.
Yes you are right. Just place the kext there and then you are good to go.

Yes you are right. Just place the kext there and then you are good to go.
Very very happy with the testing results! I got it working for the USB and the test install OS drive! All I had to do to get it working for the OS drive was the same thing, just drag over the PS/2 kext file to the OS drive's EFI partition specifically under "Clover > Kexts > Others" as mentioned previously above. It works!

I was worried that I would have to grab a USB keyboard or something of the sort, but that was not the case. The aid of the UniBeast USB is what got me to the desktop and once I was booted in to the OS drive with the help of the UniBeast USB, I surprisingly still had PS/2 keyboard functionality. So I was able to use the keyboard for input temporarily until I no longer needed the aid of the UniBeast USB, by running MultiBeast and dragging over the PS/2 kext file.

I am so thrilled with these results! Thank you!!!

@RehabMan This is the correct area to place the kext, right? I mean, we got the functionality working so I would assume so, but I figure I'd check to be sure. I don't want to potentially damage anything etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back